The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2003, 02:27 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default YWCA vs. NOW

Patricia Ireland: Conservatives Made YWCA Fire Me

Everyone seems to agree that conservatives are responsible for the firing of pro-abortion activist Patricia Ireland as head of YWCA of the U.S.A. after only six months. YWCA (which used to stand for Young Women's Christian Association until the "C" word became a no-no) asked for her resignation, the New York Times reported today. She refused because she did not want to give the impression she had "jumped ship."

"I was uncharacteristically speechless," Ireland said. "There had been no notice." A former head of the Democrat group that calls itself National Organization for Women, she says right-wingers opposed her from the start because of her left-wing activism, because she admitted wanting to inject her politics into YWCA and because she lived with a woman in the 1990s while still married.

Andrea Lafferty, executive director of Traditional Values Coalition, which posted an online petition to have Ireland fired, said her organization was responsible for the ouster, according to the Times.

"Patricia Ireland has been a lifelong advocate of everything that most Christians oppose. ... She is a liberal extremist and the soccer moms dropping their kids off at the local Y don't want any part of her and her strange friends," Lafferty said in a statement.
"Patricia knows why she was terminated," said Audrey Peeples, head of YWCA's national coordinating board.

[Oh, those wascally wepublicans are at it again! I wonder who the genious was that appointed her in the first place?]

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2003, 03:40 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking

It's about damn time.
In her first speech she said that one of her high priorities was to get rid of the Christian in YWCA.

Old 10-21-2003, 05:10 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

agreed , and Amen to her ouster
Old 10-21-2003, 05:41 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Amen, and amen. Hallelujah!

I will never forgive her for when she, and NOW, took flight over Slick Willy's dickering around, after having harassed Packwood from office.

Perhaps she might find work with um, lemme see now, uh... urrum....hmphf....well....uh
Old 10-22-2003, 12:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

These situations always beg the question as to how dem yabuts get positioned in the first place. Was someone asleep at the switch or was someone trying to pull off a night move and hoping not to get nailed? Whatever and who knows. But the axe man comeith and hopefully not too much damage occurred in the interim.

Scamp
Old 10-22-2003, 07:41 PM

Thumbs up

Oustanding! How the hell did she ever get in that position in the first place? The last thing the YWCA needed was a hypocrite feminist wimp. Good riddens...