The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2003, 03:22 PM

Default Whats wrong with New York City

Yesterday City Coucilman James Davis was shot to death inside City Hall, but the Oppentant.

Now, Reportadly they both entered the City Hall Building, and as usual, go around the Metal Detector. The Mayor also does the same thing.

Supposedly the Gunman had a gun in his sock with extra rounds of ammunition.

And then Wham Bam, the shooting started and left James Davis Dead.

Dont you think the city of New York City would have better security?? 9/11 dont ring a bell to them!!!

I just hope the same thing dont happen to our troops in Iraq , just cause the Sons are dead, the troops let down their guard.

enough.................
Old 07-24-2003, 03:52 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Reeb

It's the same way everywhere. We had the detectors install in our courts in 1983. I've never walked thru one, still go to court once in a while and have been retired for more than 5 years. I've walked around them and said, "He's ok" and the friend hasn't been checked either. Prior to 9/11, if I knew a cop at Logan or Bradley airports, they would walk me around the security. At Smith & Wesson you just flash a badge/ID and keep walking.

It would take several more 9/11's or an Israel sort of situation before people would get really serious. It would take another 9/11 for them to start hiring guards with an IQ over 90!

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 06:10 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default feeling "secure"

I recently went to Philly to tour the historical sites including Independence Hall where you first have to go through metal detectors at a perimeter set up by the Parks Dept. I've carried a pocket knife since I was 12 and putting it in my pocket has become as much a part of getting dressed as putting on jockey shorts. At the detector I was told to empty my pockets into a plastic bin and walk through. When they saw that knife you'd think my name was Saddam or Osama or something by the way they reacted. They threatened tohave me arrested for carrying an illegal,concealed weapon onto Parks Dept. property. Since the blade was 3" long, it wasn't illegal and it was hardly concealed since I showed it to them. I thought they would just take it and return it to me after the tour. Wrong! They said that if they did that they'd have to do it 300 times a day, which, if you think about it, makes their first statement rather silly since it would mean filling up the city's jail every day. They absolutely refused to let me through but did the next day when I left the knife in the hotel. Ironically, when I went through the detector it went off! I had to remove my belt, my glasses and (behind a screen) my pants, and the hand-held wand still showed metal. They summoned their supervisor, discussed the situation between themselves, and decided to let me through. I suggested they recalibrate the wand and they told me, none too friendly, to move on. I also noticed they let a guy in a wheelchair go around the detector and didn't even "wand" him. When I pointed out that discrepancy they told me not to question Parks Dept. procedures. Nice people, the Parks Dept., they make you feel all warm and secure.