The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2007, 09:12 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Talking Friday is World Orgasm Day! Everybody, enjoy your...selves!

http://blogs.smh.com.au/lifestyle/as...rgasm_day.html

Ladies and gents, get ready to get frisky because this Friday is World Orgasm Day. That's right, according to the official World Orgasm Day website, amorous folks the world over are encouraged to engage in the horizontal hanky panky on the same day across the globe.

Specific encouragement goes to people in countries with weapons of mass destruction and places where violence is used in place of mediation. But the purpose of the day isn't to get your rocks off (although that is certain to happen) but to effect positive change in the energy field of the earth. Sounds a little Zen for sex but, rest assured, it's all in the name of peace and pleasure (as only The big O can bring). The motto of the day? "More-gasm, not Wargasm!"

The day works like this: people from all over the world are encouraged to synchronise their orgasms at the exact moment of the Summer Solstice, which Down Under occurs this Friday at 5:08pm. This is supposed to bring positive energy to the earth, promote peace, engender empathy, compassion and love, and even combat global warming. "The planet needs a rest from all our other desires," reads the site, "so what better way to get us to take a rest from over-consumption than an orgasm?" Amen to that ...

But it when it comes to the actual chemistry of the Big O, not everyone is equipped with all the info. Some wonder why it's so difficult for women to have one (unfortunately we're just built that way, with only 33 per cent experiencing it through sex while 95 per cent of men do). Others have never even had one (10 to 15 per cent of women falling under this category), and then there's one ASK SAM reader who wants to know if the type of orgasm changes over the years. This is her question ...

"Just curious... but do you know if over the years the type/style of orgasm we have changes?

"I was thinking this would make some sense from an evolutionary perspective - the more sex we have the more chance we leave offspring so anything that keeps us interested will be an advantage.

"So does the type of orgasm you have when you are 16 differ from the one you have when you are 30? I know some of my friends say that sex seems to be a lot better when they are around 30... is that just because we are more experienced? Or is it something more innate?"

In order to get the definitive answer on the subject, I summoned Sydney-based psychologist and sexpert Jo-Anne Baker of The Pleasure Spot, for her O expertise ...

Me: "Over the years, does the type/style of orgasm we have change?"

Jo-Anne: "The ebb and flow of orgasms change all the time, some women have lots of small ones while others have one big one. Also the intensity of orgasms depend on many factors; how your general health is, how tired or run down you are, how much fore play is received, these all dove tail into how turned on you will become and therefore how intense the orgasms will be. Another major factor is hormone balance because this effects our orgasmic experience greatly. At ovulation progesterone and testosterone peak, enhancing our sex drive, while on the other hand, a woman who has an estrogen imbalance can have headaches, feel tired and be uninterested in sex and find it difficult to orgasms."

Me: "Does sex change with age / experience?"

Jo-Anne: "The biggest long term change for women as far as sexual response is concerned is in the forties and fifties. The levels of estrogen, progesterone and testosterone alter which leads to per-menopause and menopause. As this happens orgasmic intensity decreases often totally disappearing and yet can return as hormone levels balance out. If not testosterone in DHEA format becomes very helpful as well as hormone replacement therapy."

Just as I was writing the story, the fifteenth online sex survey carried out by adultshop.com popped into my inbox edifying some interesting facts ...

* 20 per cent of respondents orgasm with absolute ease, whilst if the right buttons are pushed, then 62 per cent of respondents can do the same.

* 77 per cent of men achieve an orgasm through intercourse, but only for 18 per cent of females do the same.

* Foreplay induces orgasm 'a lot of the time' for 32 per cent of females and 30 per cent of males

* 55 per cent of respondents have faked an orgasm, while 32 per cent said they've never had to. WA residents appear to fake it the most, followed by Victorians and Tasmanians.

* According to the results, it's actually more important for our partner to orgasm during sex than us.

* When it comes to reactions to having one, 14 per cent scream, shout, moan and groan and don't care who hears. And for those who cry...there was less than 1%

* 5 per cent have had an orgasm at the movies. (Other interesting places our respondents have had an orgasm were the office / at work, at their in-laws house and even on public transport.)

* 57 per cent said their best orgasm was with their current partner, followed by an ex with 15 per cent.

* Only 2 per cent said their best was with someone they don't know.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:37 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Actually, I thought every day was the big O day! Pity those poor fools who only experience this once per year!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Last edited by SuperScout; 12-19-2007 at 02:10 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:15 AM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Hmmm....I guess Jamie-Lynn Spears got an early start.

Steve / 82Rigger
Old 12-19-2007, 10:46 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

One question....Is horizontal mandatory?

God bless the ACLU
Old 12-19-2007, 11:41 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Wink

Bob,
Good Question.
Personal preferrence is female horizontal (desk height)
while male standing verticle,...and EXTREMELY UPRIGHT.

Neil

Last edited by reconeil; 12-19-2007 at 11:43 AM. Reason: ADD WORD
Old 12-19-2007, 12:19 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Neil
Yup thats it!!!!...That way the male species can beat his chest after the big "O". Pull up his pants and head for the exit before any questions are asked

God bless the ACLU

Last edited by b3196; 12-20-2007 at 03:33 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:49 PM

Bob,

Horizontal is only mandatory for Baptists: Anything else might lead to dancing!!!
Old 12-19-2007, 11:19 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default You guys are just sick, Disgusting I say!

Perverts and leading poor innocent Gracie astray. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Keith
Old 12-20-2007, 05:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Gracie Darlin'
May I have this next dance?

God bless the ACLU
Old 12-21-2007, 08:29 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Did anyone else celebrate the day besides me? I just wish I had celebrated WITH someone!