The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2003, 12:32 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default America---Amen:

I wish to thank LCPD24 for sending the enclosed editorial, originally published in a Tampa, Florida Newspaper, to me. The Editorial was entitled "IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT"; And was originally written in response to a recent Florida decision to allow Muslim Women to have their Driver's License Picture taken while their faces are covered. After reading the editorial, I just had to submit it to the Patriot Files so that everyone, that reads or contributes input into our Forum, can make their own mind up on it's content.

"I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual, or their culture. Since the Terrorist Attacks on September 11, we have experienced a surge in Patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the POLITICALLY CORRECT CROWD began complaining about the possibility that our PATRIOTISM was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants. However there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, NEED TO UNDERSTAND. This idea of America being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our SOVEREIGNTY and our NATIONAL IDENTITY. As Americans, we have OUR OWN CULTURE, OUR OWN SOCIETY, OUR OWN LANGUAGE, and OUR OWN LIFESTYLE. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories; By millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, OR ANY OTHER LANGUAGE. Therefore, if you wish to become a PART OF OUR SOCIETY, LEARN THE LANGUAGE!

IN GOD WE TRUST is OUR NATIONAL MOTTO. This is not some Christian, Right Wing, Political Slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian Principles, founded this nation. This is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it ON THE WALLS OF OUR SCHOOLS. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider ANOTHER PART OF THE WORLD AS YOUR NEW HOME, because GOD IS PART OF OUR CULTURE.

If the STARS AND STRIPES offend you, or you DON'T LIKE UNCLE SAM, then you should seriously consider a move to ANOTHER PART OF THIS PLANET. We are HAPPY WITH OUR CULTURE and have NO DESIRE TO CHANGE. We REALLY DON'T CARE HOW YOU DID THINGS WHERE YOU CAME FROM. This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE. Our First Amendment gives EVERY CITIZEN the RIGHT to EXPRESS HIS OPINION and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. Once you are done COMPLAINING, WHINING, and GRIPING about OUR FLAG, OUR PLEDGE, OUR NATIONAL MOTTO, or OUR WAY OF LIFE, I highly encourage you to TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ONE OTHER GREAT AMERICAN FREEDOM, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE".

I will close now, by stating that WE DO LIVE IN A FREE SOCIETY. A society that has previously been BOUGHT AND PAID FOR with BLOOD that has been spilled by AMERICANS that have FOUGHT TO PRESERVE IT. This is the SAME SOCIETY that is HATED SO by others, JUST BECAUSE OF THE FREEDOMS our SOCIETY DOES OFFER TO ALL IT'S CITIZENS. Those that want to change our Society, wish to change it to a form of Society where ONLY THEIR OWN BELIEFS ARE TOLERATED. All other OPPOSING BELIEFS are then DESTROYED, by the DICTATORS, who FORCIBLY COMPEL all others to ADAPT TO THE DICTATOR'S THINKING or are EXTERMINATED!

If you agree---Please pass this entry on to others. If you don't agree, I will still defend, with my life, your right to disagree with me. That IS ALSO PART OF OUR AMERICAN CULTURE and HERITAGE. That is not to say however, THAT I WILL NOT EXERCISE MY OWN RIGHTS, and WILL OPPOSE YOU, VERY VIOLENTLY, SHOULD YOU ATTEMPT TO TAKE MY RIGHTS AWAY FROM ME, BY WHATEVER MEANS YOU ATTEMPT TO DO SO!

To all my Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters, I state: WELCOME HOME:

Vietnam 1968
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2003, 12:43 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to deltamedic

There used to be an old saying here in the south:
Put your heart in Dixie or get your ass OUT!

Perhaps we should make it nationwide and make it
Put your heart in America or get your ass Out

I applaud the doctors in CA for having the guts to sign a petition and present it to the CA Governor in which they affirmed that if the state of CA passed a mandatory law that all Dr.'s had to learn Spanish then these docotrs on the petition (600+) would immediately close their practice and move to another state. CA backed down on trying to pass that law.

If one would stop and think a minute you should be able to fully understand that when you travel from America to any other country in this world you become subject to the laws of that country as well as the responsibility to know enough of the language to communicate. Why should America be/allow this principal to be reversed by forcing American's to learn other languages for the sake of entertaining visitors/immigrants from foreign shores?

Recently NC enacted a law that businesses had to post warnings, names etc in Spanish as well as English...BUT made no proviso that Spanish businesses had to post English in their business

Land of the Free is ever losing its true meaning these days.

Doc
Old 03-14-2003, 01:20 PM

VN 68 and Doc,

Where do I sign?

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"