The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2006, 01:44 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Bobk

As your counselor, I must advise you to stop speaking in incomplete sentences. For example, JEET is only half of the sentence, omitting the adverbial interrogative. To be complete, you must ask, JEET JET, which to the uninitiated is translated as "Did you eat yet?"

Now, don't you fell better?

Please remit your monthly counseling fee.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00379.jpg (141.1 KB, 14 views)

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2006, 01:54 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Brice
Jeet jet. translated into Did you eat yet is totally against anything you were taught in grade school...You are ending a sentence with a preposition....Now the correct way is "Jeet Jet A$$hole". You are now ending a sentence with a noun which is accepted throughout the literary circle.

All after hours tutoring will be billed at 125 per hour, minimum of 2 hrs....Please remit your monthly English instruction fees
Bob K
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00380.jpg (146.2 KB, 12 views)

God bless the ACLU
Old 03-21-2006, 02:44 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Bobk

Ahh, my overly grammatically incorrect little grasshopper! Suffice it to say that you are grossly in error, and gross to boot, on both issues: "yet" is an adverb, and when used as I did, quite wonderfully I might add, it becomes as stated, an adverbial interrogative.

On the question of ending a sentence with a preposition, no less than Sir Winston Churchill would take exceptional issue with your ill-advised declaration. And I quote: "This is the sort of English up with which I will not put." Woe be unto you, and forsooth and foreskin, if you dare criticize Sir Winston, the very epitome of and consummate authority on the English language.

So much for your English lesson flowing from your little bunker, Sparky! Once again, you have been bested! And remember:

"Der Krieg ist nichts als eine Fortsetzung der politschen Verkehrs mit Einmischung anderer Mittel."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00383.jpg (138.7 KB, 14 views)

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 03-21-2006, 03:00 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hey you guys

Will y'all please stop using all those gramatical terms..........Y'all ere givin me a headache.

I remember my English professor asking me oncest a question about how was my 'dangling participle' being used. I told him that Betty Jo Honeypot was-a doin a purty god job of using it, which didn't leave me much time to use it by my-own-self!.......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00384.jpg (133.3 KB, 12 views)

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:16 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Brice
After researching an reviewing the ending of a sentence with"yet".....I stand corrected and I humbly apologize for the gross negligence on my behalf.
Criticizing people like Sir Winston is one of the things I do best....He's dead, which leads to little or no argument unless the comment is dissected by an over zealous wannabe psychologist charging outrageous prices for services never rendered
Again I must step forward and admit my stupidity while asking...."WHAT THE PHUCK ARE YOU SAYING IN THAT LAST SENTENCE!!!!!"
Bob K
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00385.jpg (132.6 KB, 11 views)

God bless the ACLU
Old 03-21-2006, 04:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default SS,...

...Dammm Bob, you misted itz,...

..."No I don't fell better",...

...still hurtin head from worser fell, dog seems fine,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 03-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Doc.2/47

Y'all remember all those ICBM's they was makin when we were young'uns? Well...don't know for a fact...but i've heard tell that-with age-their structural integrety is breaking down and that they may well have become Incontinental Ballistic Missels.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:44 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default OK But

Whudjaeet? If yuens didnt want brefest whud ya order grits fer.

Well its wild pig time this year, Got about a 90 pound one in the cooler getting ready to skin it out and put in the freezer for the campout. I think this one will get cooked in the ground at mustache mikes. Trying to get a couple more to make into wild sausage. Maybe in another two weeks it will be warm enough to get a rattlesnake or two, yum.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Grasshopper Bob

Very similiar to Sir Winston's EEG line, you're learning curve is only slightly curved, but with my miracle-producing counseling, there is even hope for you. But I remind you: "Speak not ill of the dead, for spirits abound, and all their flights are naught for good."

If services were not rendered, why is it that saw the error of your egregious ways and repented? Seems to me that the counseling session was a complete success. If I have to explain how and why and when you get better, I"ll have to charge more.

The quote was from Clausewitz, Karl von.

"War in nothing more but the continuation of politics with the admixture of other means."

Verstain, schwienhundt?

Old 03-22-2006, 05:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking

Schwienhundt = Sick Puppy = BobK. It all adds up