The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2003, 09:15 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default On the lighter side,...

...As it's been for the last few weeks, bow season has been open up here in the great Northeast,...

......I been able to get out a few times, however the outlook hasn't been bright, On the first day out, it was really windy, gusts up to 62 mph, and it was like a carnival ride that day in the stand without having to pay for a ticket,...

...swaying back, and forth, I missed a doe as my arm failed me, couldn't get the bow to the hold position as she was right below my stand, (tore my shirt tail already for those that are familar with the practice)...

...3 days ago, I hit the stand only to have some kid in a dodge 4x4 come up, and get stuck in the mud trails, turns out he's trying it out, come to find out, he bought it for a whopping $180.00 due to the fact that the truck doesn't have REVERSE,... now how stupid can you be to take a truck in the woods without reverse... found out he was a friend of mine's son, and gave him a ""friendly"" kick in the ass for knowing better, and proceeded to get my truck, and yank him out the 1/4 mile,...

...and again last night, only this one scared me,...

I'm in the stand, and I didn't hear anything until I hear screams, multiple, and loud and their a "girls" screams, now it's almost dusk, and where I'm at you don't hear people screaming ever, I hear another one, and then I hear a horn honking, brain kicks in figuring the worst as usual, I figured on a rape in progress, or worse,... two more screams, and I'm making my way down, and out of hiding in 10 seconds, and I see two girls half running, and I didn't want to let on I was there due to alerting whatever is making them scream, crosscut to their position ahead of them, scared the shit out of them cause I'm in a guillie suit, and look like swamp thing, and now their speechless,...

...when they stopped screaming again, and realized I wasn't going to eat them, (too young, ), I fianally got out of them between gasps to tell me that that they were stuck, all were members of the local high school cross country team that deceided to go 4 wheeling with a road jeep after practice, had to go get my truck, I ended up ripping off the passenger side mirror off my truck getting to them due to having to take the long way in, and around, oh yea, one dented fender, and door...

...all 5 of them were wet, and cold, and not too happy to be "almost residential campers" for the evening,...

...so I did my good deed for the night, and hooked up a chain, and 100 feet of tug boat rope,( no I wasn't getting my truck in where they went, but I am well prepared), yup the sight of 5 girls in the woods at dark, dripping in sweatsuits was appealing, but green apples ain't my thing,........ easy boys, easy,...

...got home late, and tried to explain to my wife that I was in the woods with 5 girls "saving them" from their peril, but she didn't buy it, kinda one of those ""that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it" bits,...

...So no bambi yet of the four legged kind, but almost had the mother load of the two legged creatures...

...Life goes on without me, CAUSSSSE,
... SING IT BOYS,

..."IIIII AIN'T GOT NOOOOOBOOODDDDDYYYY,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2003, 09:36 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

After you tell your wife a tale like that and she gives you the, "Do you actually think I'm buying that load of crap?" look, just tell her, "That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!"

Showing that kinda brass will at least get you 3 steps towards the door!