The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2002, 04:22 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Amazing, Simply Amazing!

How much would you spend to capture a job with a salary of (say) $200,000 a year? Would you put a couple of thousand $$ out of pocket, or spend even five $$$$$ or ten thousand $$$$$$$ in this quest? None of you, however, would spend ?Mega Millions" to try to attain a job that pays mere chump-change, when compared to the humungous outlay!? ?An outlay that dwarfs the GNP of some small nations!?

?Well, it?s done all the time in politics!? Ergo, there must be some other ?DAMNED POWERFULLY MOTIVATING FACTORS?, as well as ?OTHER INCENTIVE$?, that far outweigh the salary of any given politician!! And as ?Big Business? didn?t get to be ?Big Business? by being such swell guys, but rather by calculating ?What Is In It For Them?, I think that the answer to this question is obvious, don?t you? And any individual who is even partially owned by a ?Wheeler & Dealer?, is operating (at least in part) under their vested directives, wouldn?t you say!?

I saw a piece on CNN that discussed the (well) over $20,000,000 that has been collected thus far to boost the chances of a particular political party in the November elections. Then I learned that this was (in fact) merely ?Gnat Crap? when compared to what the ?Really Big Boys? rake in to capture power! And this $$, if not spent on election, often becomes the politician?s own, personal nest-egg! What irked me more, however, was when a couple of prominent politicos bragged openly about ?ALL? that they have done for the people while in office. This multitude of accomplishments must surely include ?Stealth Technology?, as much of what they claim to have done, is as invisible as a fart at midnight!?

I further heard about the ?Hundreds of Million$? that are expended on elections by many a ?High Stepper?, while programs (many of them for veterans) go untended or under funded! Hell, what the government spends on lawyers alone, to beat down many veterans? claims, during and after the fact, is probably more than they would spend helping these same ex-troopers to get back on their own two feet! But when our government needlessly pisses away billions overseas at the same time, they do indeed send a message to their own countrymen, do they not? ?Are the needs of American patriots not as pressing as the agendas
of the imported?!?

Machines like the DoD and VA can not survive on Billion$ Alone, but indeed, require the human factor to grease the gears of ?Christmas Future!? And even a car with a full tank of gas, ain?t going no where without an engine, and ?Our Veterans and Citizenry Are That Engine!? Ain?t it wonderful that the President is going to supply the money needed to buy the equipment to fight future wars, and I am sure that he probably has a few in mind? ?But Hell, supplying our troops with the best military equipment should be a given!!? If we are to win, we have to outspend and (domestically) out produce an enemy! But would you pay $100 for a 10 cent screw (the government does). Or would you shell out millions just to prepare a resume? Well neither would those who front big money in the form of ?Champagne/Campaign Donations!? Hell, even though big business won?t spend a fortune to make a resume, they sure as hell will spend a fortune to buy the man behind that resume!

VERITAS
Old 10-23-2002, 04:36 PM

I would like very much to hear Andy Rooney reading this out loud.
Old 10-23-2002, 04:42 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking A NEW FACE!

WELCOME ABOARD JANE!!

Old 10-23-2002, 05:04 PM

Talking

Why thank you, Hardcore sir.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote