The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2006, 05:58 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Millionaires playing with a ball

Today while flipping threw the channels, The Patriots were playing football, As I watched, the Quarterback for the other team started to throw a pass about 6 inch's into his forward motion the ball was knocked to the ground and the Patriots recovered the ball. A Ref on the field ruled , fumble and recovery by the patriots. Because the time left was under 2 min. a Ruling challenge was automatic.
The Cameras showed several slow motion views in which two of the views clearly showed the guys arm moving forward. ( for the girls, ,, When the quarter back's arm is moving forward it becomes an incomplete pass and loss of down is all that happens)
The head Ref, after the review gets on the PA and says , Ruling on the field stands. What?
The Refs on the field must have had a big bet with Vegas.
It's very hard to beat the Patriots, but when you have to Play the Patriots and The Ref's, winning is not an option. The Patriots let the clock run out and won the game.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2006, 06:25 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

I saw a play very similar during the Denver Cincinnati game. I enjoyed watching that game.I loved seeing them Millionaires playing in a Snowstorm right after the Big Blizzard that shut down Denver !
Old 12-26-2006, 06:05 AM

Strange as it may be, about two weeks ago, the Dolphins beat the Pats 16 to 0, but can't muster a winning season.
"I Have Not Come To Bring Peace, I Have Come With The Sword". Jesus Christ.....Matthew 10:34
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 09:53 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

WH, the 'phins (they won 21-0 BTW) just plain have the Pats number when they play in Miami. Don't know why. Maybe its the humidity or something equally confusing.

Ron, I was talking with a member of the chain crew at a Pats home game. The guy is a retired official. He said that when he was reffing, an NFL ref needed 15-20 years college experience before he'd even be considered for the NFL. Now, they only need 5 years college experience plus a couple of years in NFL-Europe, then they're in the big time. He said the NFL wanted younger officials, but they're giving up on lots of experience. Also, in 3 of the Pats' losses this year, they had the same officiating crew. Something personal, maybe?