Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Question for the Lawyers

I have to file for a corporation for the MOH non-profit. Which is better

1. Corporation
2. Sub-Chapter S
3. Limited Liability Corporation

I would like to stay away from boards of director and bylaws and meetings for now if possible.

I am leaning toward an LLC. That is how General Franks structured his non-profit.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2009, 07:33 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Sid...first if I get this deal closed I am working (17 well program, approx 4 mil per well, very little promote) I will be there! Secondly and much more important, if I get this deal closed, I will be very happy to help you with the start up funds!

Our company is set up as an LLC, we did that more for personal liabilty issues for the principles and also better tax advantages, not sure which would benefit you and this cause better. If you are going to take funds from private donations, I would think the LLC would be better for your personal liabilty, people will sue for anything! You still having lunch with those judges? They would know.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:52 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Meeting the judges

on Wednesday, They are SSA judges, But all were lawyers and they have been helpful in the past. Look forward to seeing you in April.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHO127 View Post
I have to file for a corporation for the MOH non-profit. Which is better

1. Corporation
2. Sub-Chapter S
3. Limited Liability Corporation

I would like to stay away from boards of director and bylaws and meetings for now if possible.

I am leaning toward an LLC. That is how General Franks structured his non-profit.
Sid,
First of all, with a 501.c.3 organization, the issue of liability should be rather limited for starters. And as they teach in law schools everywhere, even a ham samwich can be sued. Most likely, a LLC would be the least expensive route, and would also afford you with more protection in the event of some legal hostilities.

I was shocked to read that they were going to honor your relative with a plaque in a flight simulator. Silly me, but I thought that the FA folks didn't have any aerial observers any more, so why a flight simulator? Make 'em put up a distinct plaque, with name, rank and citation. Hells Bells, man, they did more than that for me at Ft. Benning.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 03-29-2009, 03:59 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Going to make this

For all FA Medal of honor recipients. I have been really ashamed of the artillery and Ft. Sill ever since this happened in 1977.

Just call this #1 on my Bucket List. Not that I am in Danger of going anywhere it is just time to do something about it.

Have been in touch with the 2 living FA medal of honor recipients and are awaiting their response.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:37 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Got the state LLC

Filed today, and the IRS tax id number. Tomorrow is the 501c3 Found out all this can be filed online without lawyers and their fees.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:49 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHO127 View Post
For all FA Medal of honor recipients. I have been really ashamed of the artillery and Ft. Sill ever since this happened in 1977.

Just call this #1 on my Bucket List. Not that I am in Danger of going anywhere it is just time to do something about it.

Have been in touch with the 2 living FA medal of honor recipients and are awaiting their response.
What is it about Ft. Sill and the folks who run it that they would do the things they have ?? Very disrespectful.

Larry
Old 04-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Research update

in reviewing the first set of documents sent to me from Ft. Sill. Here Are ERRORS and oversights.

1. In the listing of names for artillery MOH recipients, Lt. Brian Thackers' name is misspelled ( Hacker)
2. The Status of Lt. Brian Thacker is listed as unknown (Living or Deceased). Lt. Thacker is alive and is vice president of the CMOHS (Congressional Medal of Honor Society). Wonder how they missed that one.
3. Two of the persons listed as alive are deceased.
4. Lt. John R. Fox is not listed at all.
5. In a listing of sites on Ft. Sill named after MOH recipients, the Flight training center named after Maj. William E. Adams was not listed.

The second document was a Ft. Sill document about the Medal of Honor dated 1961 and had never been updated.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:38 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sid

It's OBVIOUS that what your doing is sorely needed. It's a crying shame.

Keep it up!

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 04-06-2009, 06:28 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Update Letter to CG Ft. Sill Ok.

Attached is a letter to the Post CG Ft. Sill. OK.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Major General Peter M.doc (24.0 KB, 12 views)