The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2003, 06:41 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to deltamedic
Default Vietnam/Iraq some same-same

Man! talk about deju-vu!!! Vietnam/Iraq are same-same in two vital areas: (1) they are now dressing as civilians as in Nam the farmers/VC wore thosae darn black pj's and white tops and you had no idea which was enemy which was "innocent" civilian.
(2) you had to get order to shoot when shot at in Nam in a lot of cases because of the "civilian" issues then just like Iraq now.

In WW II there were acceptable losses of civilians..in war its impossible not to have civilian loss of life. I wonder if Iraq as Vietnam will come to a point that a U.S. soldier can be held liable to pay for any livestock he might kill while trying to kill the enemy?

You can't be civil in war and expect to gain victory; the civilian populace knew well in advance we were coming to Bagdad it's their decision to take the chance of dying to remain in Baghdad.
Its also a chance the news media has taken by staying in that city to get the news..they know the risks but so far I haven't heard any beef about their safety when the bullets/shells start flying. Cold?, callous? maybe but I must ask: is it better to lose some stubborn civilians that had ample time to flee or lose a lot of our troops because they can;t return enemy fire in fear of hitting the civilians? Which way do we tip the scales??

Doc
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links