The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Branch Posts > Navy

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2003, 02:01 PM

Default Congratulations to the Newest Chiefs in the US Navy

When we started on this voyage 4 months ago neither my husband or I new exactly what to expect. Having been a member of the US Air Force I could never know what this meant to him. We had nothing to compare to this.

Today you were pinned but you actually started to morph into that most special of all speices...a genuine, American bred and born "Navy Chief", years ago. When you were a new recruit, wide eyed and full of life but oh so naive! When you rebelled and swore you were NEVER going to reinlist. When you cursed the "Chief" behind his back and swore he just didn't have a clue. But you stuck it out for some strange reason. They got under your skin like a plague that you just couldn't shake...or wouldn't. Then the day came that you sewed on that First Class crow and you started to wonder...could I? maybe? You looked a little closer at the "Khakis" and noticed something you never quite saw before. They cared. They didn't yell at you when you messed up because they didn't want you in their Navy, they yelled because they knew that you were something better. They were there for you when you needed guidance. They celebrated your achievements with you and encouraged you to push higher.

Then you looked at those new wayward souls fresh from "A" school and remembered what it was like for you. You wanted to help guide them to where you now stood. So you studied a little harder for the test. Made sure you were available when anyone needed your assistance. And reached deep in your soul and found that you could do the job and even a good bit more.
Now you stand here, wearing those beautiful golden anchors, handed down from your mentors who stood where you are now. Who stand behind you to guide on your first steps into that new life. They also stand beside you, evermore. You are one of them now. A family like no other.
To you I say BRAVO ZULU, Chief!
You've made us proud to even know you and we love you!
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links