The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2023, 05:13 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Waving Currents

5-29-2023 (Finished At Roughly Sixteen-Hundred and Forty Hours)
(A Fictional Labor of Endless Possibilities!)

Never, within “The Great History of Our Nation”, has there ever been an anomaly that even comes close to the “Aging Old Town of the Wavering Currents (NOM DE PLUME)!”

A dying old berg (by any other name) of roughly one hundred thousand (plus) souls, that is situated not far from the more affluent enclaves of “The River Styx”, and the numerous other (often polluted) ponds and slurries (opinion), that have occasionally dotted the landscapes of humanity, and saturated the pristine air of that (all but forgotten) region of existence, along with its sorely polluted, and ever-decaying, indigence! “And this, along with that distinctive air of decay, that even permeates the pristine breezes in all directions, and at the very same time!”

It is also a region that has been known to pollute even the bloodstreams of mankind itself, along with the obliteration of all of the other norms that are frequented by the usually-forlorn denizens of this tiny little planet - of fast-waning literacy and even sorely-abandoned intellect!

But it must also be remembered that this bastion of (purposely) generated ignorance, is truly set in its own ways, as well as in its own archaic customs? And no amount of “Twenty-First Century Alchemy (nor even human superstition itself), is ever going to change (nor alter) this fact of life – and so it is!

Now getting on back to the all but illustrious (opinion) “Town of The Wavering Currents”, it is just one of those places that can materialize anywhere, and at any time? And if you have nothing else to compare it with, you might even consider yourself damned lucky? For while others, may just shrug their shoulders in uncaring contempt for our latent ignorance and lack of geographical concern, we ourselves just haplessly continue to soldier-on?

But what the ‘Hell’, this world is just what it is, and nothing more – but fortunately, it is also not one damned thing less either!? “So Who Do You Suppose Is The Bigger Fool Here?”

Many of the people whom I have known throughout my entire lifetime, have often been amazed at some of the individuals that I have (by chance) encountered or the places that I have actually visited! Whereas, I myself, have really not given it all that much thought, save for the fact that, I do deplore, individuals who live their lives, strictly through the dreams and the sterling aspirations of others? “Or even those, who are but a part time observer, within the existence of another?

“For these people have not, and never will, truly live, but rather, they barely even exist!”

And once again, no man or woman is ever promised fame, fortune, or even success for that matter! They are, however, guaranteed at least a chance at it! And once again, what more in the ‘Name of Hell’, can any man (or woman) ever ask for - “Or Even Expect To Achieve?”

Hardcore