The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2003, 01:11 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy One Of The Worst Of All Ways To Die!!!

Locked within an airless, darkened chamber, with the heat hitting record levels, 17 people tragically expired recently!

Gasping for breath and clawing at the sides of a mass tomb, 100 illegal aliens experienced the sheer terror of being imprisoned within a trailer that had been left abandoned along the blistering wayside by alleged smugglers near Victoria, Texas! And far from rare in occurrence, the importation of illegals is big business along the border! The need for dirt-cheap labor in the United States, and the desire of poor Hispanics to better their lot, has made the task of our gallant Border Patrol difficult, if not nearly impossible!

Most of these people who attempt to enter the States illegally are from Mexico and points south. They pay hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars apiece to be transported to the ?Land Of Opportunity?, in order to seek work in factories, on farms, ranches, and even day labor for pennies an hour!

Occasionally, when approached by Border Patrol Agents, these illegals are abandoned by smugglers. As a matter of fact, some are even cast aside shortly after paying their transport fee (usually their life savings) to coyotes (smuggles of human flesh)!

?Well, it has happened again!? A trailer loaded with about five score (100) illegals from Mexico, El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala, was unhooked and abandoned at a truck stop near Victoria, Texas, a bit less than two hundred miles north of the International Border! When the doors to the truck were eventually opened by American authorities, 17 of the occupants were already dead, one but 5 years old at that! One more expired later at an area hospital! The rest were in really bum shape, those that did not take to their heels in panic after the door was unbarred that is!

?This is where the plot thickens, however!? Apparently, according to the media, the Truck had ?New York License Plates?, and later in Houston, three suspected smugglers were arrested (Americans at that, if I read correctly)?!

For the record, much of the ?International Border? between Brownsville, Texas and San Diego, California is not people friendly. Many die yearly of exposure and dehydration. Many more fall victim to snakes and other indigenous creatures. And worse of all, great numbers fall prey to border bandits who feed upon their own people!

Also, the ?Abandonment Of Human Cargo? is more common than you might imagine, but occasionally, as in this case, people are murdered or trapped in locked vehicles and left to die!

?A cake-walk, illegal border crossing is not!? And were it not for the miserable conditions that exist in many places south of the border (places that garner massive U.S. Foreign Aid $$), these people would not be forced to seek greener pastures. Sometimes, the search for a decent life and liberty, however, ends up in naught but a horrible death, alone, and at the mercy of the elements!

But when humans die for nothing more than greed and brutality, at the hands of our own people (in this case), a message is sent that flies in the face of all that we as a nation stand for! Second only, in my opinion, to the wanton, illegal, unwitting and uninformed experimentation that has been conducted in the past upon our own, and by our own! Ref: DAIG IN 21-75, COS 385, and the Church Senate Report of 1977, on Human Experimentation!!

VERITAS
Old 05-15-2003, 01:47 PM

Tragedy yes.
But, I think that the Border Patrol doesn't have enough assets, nor agents to effectively patrol the border.
It is an issue that neither liberal (vote base), nor conservative (cheap labor), are willing to stop.
It is a huge issue in CA, TX and AZ. Hell, AZ has started their own civilian border patrol.
Not an easy issue for some.
I believe that we need to close the border down and only permit legally documented people in this country.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:57 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Hard

Hears is the sulution, Don't get into the truck!!!!

If you try to come to this country illeagly and you die trying, I say Good, One less our boarder patrol has to watch. And for the ones that are caught, I say take them back to the other end of mexico.

50 cal bunkers with night vission might work. Or maybe Bouncing bettys. Pungy sticks, Packs of unfead dogs, A bounty.

If you get to this country by leagle means, I say WELCOME aboard pull up a Chair, You, AMERICAN.
If you get hear illeagly, I say ya should be shot where you stand and left for furtalizer.

Ron
Old 05-15-2003, 03:39 PM

Default Illeagal immigrants

I was a little disturbed by the responses to this post. We, as veterans should realize that we served to protect the rights of the people of the United States and to defent our country. I remember hearing the phrase "Give me your tired, your huddled masses" or something to that effect, which I interpret to mean that like our fore-fathers, we should welcome immigrants with open arms because we are all immigrants or descendants of immigrants, (unless you are a Native American). We should be tolerant of the fact that they are trying to better themselves and/or support themselves and their families by coming to this country. Granted they are coming illeagally, but realistically, do they have the means or knowledge of how to immigrate leagally? Also, in my opinion, I do NOT feel that illeagal immigration is a capital offense, deserving of the death penalty. The animals that allowed those people to die in that trailor, in my opinion, are the ones that may deserve being tried for capital murder.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 04:16 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Bstar

Put your address on a pole down in Brownsville. You can have them all. No--- I thought not.
No one said anything about Leagle immigants except to welcome them.
Telling them no doesn't work, Taking them back doesn't work.
You think we should just open our boardeds and let the world in?
You would have all the people from all the third world hear. Again, give them your address.

YOUR WORDS

"We, as veterans should realize that we served to protect the rights of the people of the United States and to defent our country. "

This is all that I would ask for.

Ron
Old 05-16-2003, 07:54 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Ron et al -

I too live right here along the border, less than a mile to be exact. It's high country and there is nothing between me and it (border) but scrub, manzanita, sand, snakes and coyotes etc.

I agree that border policy has to be tightened, as the back-country can be damned unfriendly (deadly) to all who are unprepared for what they encounter. You can freeze to death in a heartbeat in the winter here, and die of thirst and the heat in short order in the summer months! Even in the summer, the temperature here in the high desert often drops dramatically at night, and you can suffer hypothermia and expire damned quickly!

Our Border Patrol is hard pressed, and 2000 miles of southern border is one helluva stretch to cover, most of the time on foot! The Border Patrol's equipment is often broken down, the Agents themselves are usually outgunned, and contrary to what a lot of people think who are far removed from this area, most Border Patrol Agents treat illegals very well!

The problem is, and I can say this even though they (Border Patrol) usually can not, they are not allowed to do their jobs. In other words, the big boys in Washington D.C. are lying like hell about the numbers of illegal border crossers, at least here! Many, many more illegals (a small army in fact)traverse this border daily than is allowed to be reported (opinion)!!

Hundreds, if not thousands, more than the government admits to, are crossing the border daily, and the Border Patrol is hard pressed! I know this for a fact, although I will not relate exactly how I know, but it has to do with press credentials!

I have done civilian ride arounds with these guys and gals, in the dead of night, in areas that you wouldn't allow a platoon of armed rangers to traverse! The problem is a lot larger here than many far removed from the border are allowed to know!

You're right Ron, in that the border is a sieve, but not because of the Border Patrol! These guys and gals work damned hard in dangerous conditions, and many within the Border Patrol pay the ultimate price, for (believe it or not) very minimal pay and little or no thanks, from the people who make the rules, all the way up to Washington D.C.

VERITAS
Old 05-16-2003, 01:15 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HC, Ron and Bstar...

First-off Bstar, I'm fairly sure that no one on this site condones the blatant and torturous murdering of innocent men, women and children,...as has happened recently on The Border. In fact, and if all Drug Smugglers, Bank Robbers or even murderers themselves,...such disregard for human life should never be condoned by any nation.

Regardless, I must go along with both HARDCORE and Ron, if for no other reasons than Criminally Illegal Aliens (NOT: "Illegal Immigrants" and/or the politically conjured-up words meant to pacify Americans) pose a real threat to me and mine, and My Country. Hey,...current history has proven that not everyone illegally sneaking into America wants to better their lot, pick tomatoes or whatever. Many actually intend to slow-murder Americans (re. Drugs), while others like terrorists prefer a quicker murdering of defenseless men, women and children.

Besides Bstar,...is it fair to those WORLDWIDE on quotas wanting to legitimately immigrate to America, that Mexicans preferentially be accorded a back door for illegally doing so? Also, do you think it right for Mexico to in large part be the determining factor as to why quotas WORLDWIDE for immigrating to America must be reduced and the waiting periods for doing so extended?

Bstar,...see how: "Disturbed" REAL IMMIGRANTS waiting to immigrate and waiting for 5 to 10 years to do so, will appreciate a concern for Criminally Illegal Aliens turning their immigration waiting period into 15 to 20 years. Besides, no criminals should take preference over any law-abiding citizens FROM ANY COUNTRY. Doing so is asinine and nationally-suicidal.

Neil

P.S. HC & Ron,
Since we have so many NG & Reserve Units in America, where better a place for them to do a rotation of 2 week stints by such:"Weekend Warriors",...than on The TexMex Border? Hell, and a great place for Live Fire Exercises aside,...I believe it would also be a great place to try-out all those nice night vision goodies. Don't you think?
Old 05-16-2003, 05:32 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

RECON et al -

Believe it or not, NG & Reserve units do serve their time along the International Border! I am always running into outfits from all over the country at the local country stores, and I engage them in conversation!

Most of them do work on the border fence and have their base at the Lake Morena "Army Engineers" facility, about 60 miles east of San Diego in the mountains, not far from my digs!

They do not, to my knowledge, however, currently engage in Border Patrol duties or armed intervention, unless a danger of terrorism exists, or called upon to do so by the "Powers That Be", I believe!

As far as the Texas/Mexico Border, or the New Mexico or Arizona/Mexico Border, there too the situation is critical, in my opinion!

Back during World War II, Calvary Units (Mostly Buffalo Soldiers) patrolled the border on horseback! "Times and needs, however, change!!"

VERITAS
Old 05-16-2003, 08:17 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HARDCORE...

If "They" DON'T: "Engage in border patrol duties (plus)",...it's a big waste of manpower, tax dollars and possible better national security.
Shame on the beaurocrats and/or the powers that be for not properly utilizing "Them" (and many more of such also). It's a big border.

Neil
Old 05-17-2003, 08:14 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

RECON-

As usual, you are right on the money!!