Old 03-14-2008, 09:15 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Post blogging winter soldier

9:00AM – 10:45AM Rules of Engagement: Part One
11:00AM – 12:30PM The Crisis in Veterans’ Heathcare
2:00PM - 3:30PM Corporate Pillaging and Military Contractors
4:00PM - 6:00PM Rules of Engagement: Part Two
7:00PM - 8:30PM Aims of the Global War on Terror: the Political, Legal, and Economic Context of Iraq and Afghanistan

Someone (about 60 years old) just jumped up and shouted “Kerry lied, good men died” and was manhandled from the room by security.

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=1346

Important Update!

March 14th, 2008
Attention! I may have to restate what i will be doing. I was just informed that the independent (freelance) bloggers would be confined to a media room, was also told I could not take photos during the briefing, althought the room was full of cameras. The part that may me a bit disturbing is that they told me I can not can take photos or film tomorrow. I will admit I am very confused, it seems that the rules change by the minute concerning independent reporter/bloggers. Only IVAW bloggers will be allowed to take pictures and view the testimony first hand. It was announced by the blogger team leader that “ONLY” IVAW bloggers would be allow in the actual area where the veterans will be testifing. I came with a open mind prepared to blog the truth the way I saw it, now, I am wondering why they are not willing to open the testimony up to bloggers that are not IVAW members. WHY!

In all fairness, I also have to say that I have been treated with respect. The IVAW members appear to be very sincere and passionate. They truly believe in what they are doing.

It is important to know that the VVAW guys are out in full force and running this event in “Nazi” like fashion.

http://usvetdsp.com/cin/

http://ivaw.org/wintersoldier/howtowatch

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2008, 04:24 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to ABNCIB

Thanks for the link, darrels joy.

They actually let us in the room with the folks testifying when their plans for our AV link fell through - but they put us in the back of the room and surrounded us with about 6 security guards from Veterans for Peace - God, the implications of that name anger me.

The were three of us from the skeptical side live-blogging the event, but it was pretty tame by the 1971 standard.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:28 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Just wanted to make it easier for those here to get info.

As I read what was said (Didn't watch even though I could have. No patience for BS & raises blood pressure), I was (can't really find the right word here ) that the stories got less specific (could it be so it couldn't be verified? ) with less "I did these things" (they were warned that statements could be criminally prosecuted ).

People in this war have been charged for doing things wrong. I understand that Leavenworth is not a good place to live.

Will this tone down the rhetoric? Probably not, but with luck and perseverance, maybe it won't follow our veterans forever.

Thank you for being there to give us a record that was not from their perspective or MSM.

Old 03-15-2008, 02:59 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ABNCIB

Well, I'd like to think that part of the reason their stories were toned down is because TSO and I were there - we've been busting out liars and fablists for a few months. They all knew we were there (we were monitored by six security people and our blogs were monitored while we typed - we had to get special permission and had to present our own bona fides).

If you're at all interested, I also blogged about the Rally for the Troops today in DC at

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=1351