sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2003, 06:22 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default Beau

Old 11-11-2003, 06:56 AM

Beau,

Great stuff - I read MAD Mag so long ago I'd be ashame to tell you. It always had a little twist or turn to jog your mind. My Ma and Sister didn't know what I saw in the magazine I wish I had some of the old copies - they'd be worth a fortune today.

Like all the stuff my Ma through out over the years that was collecting dust - oh well - everyone know's how Mother's can be when they get to cleaning out stuff - it all goes.

Thanks for the memories.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 11-11-2003, 10:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Spy vs Spy

I'd love to get original copies of "Crock-O-Shit Now" and most of the early Mads .... pure genius ! And great drawings.

Just to put a serious note on it all .... from the movie "The Sand Pebbles"

"".... for us who wear the uniform, everyday is Flag Day. It is said there will be no more wars. We must believe that. But when war comes it is we who will take the first shock and buy time with our lives. It is we who keep the faith. We serve the flag. The trade we all follow is the give and take of death. It is for that purpose that the people of America maintain us. And anyone who believes he has a job like any other for which he draws a money wage, is a thief of the food he eats and a trespasser in the bunk he lays down to sleep."
Old 11-11-2003, 10:15 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default shoot

... remember the coolie .... old Jake Holeinthehead was a rengegade and maybe a .... he took over the main Coolies job of main Engine man ... but he let the main coolie go into the engine cylinder area ... some gear slipped and the main coolie was killed ........ soooooo .... Jake being the renegade made this other coolie his main mechanic and friend ..... they go through this engine room scene of following the flow of steam through the pipes .... "all same stem" ... "stem dead.... all stem dead" (where steam condences back into water" ... lord what a brilliant "slopehead")

.... and thennnnn .... there is this scene where the chinee commies are chasing the new engine coolie .... they get him and string him up and start slicing him up in front of the Sand Pablo .... and the new engine coolie begs for someone to shoot him .... Holeman is torned up .... runs to get a rifle but is warned by the captain that to put it down or he will be shot .... Jake says "well shoot something" .... then Jake takes the initiative and shoots his friend (dang I love that kind of rebellion !)...
Old 11-11-2003, 10:19 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default rifle toss

... then Jake is absolutely devasted ... he takes the rifle and tosses it into the Yangtze river .... now it so happens, on my Army Riverboat .... I go up to the bow wearing my steele pot, flak jacket and carrying my M16 ... go up to replace Shooke .... and he leans his M16 on something and it falls into the Cua Viet .... (there is that frozen second of watching it .... fall and plop) ... Warrant Officer threatened to charge him money for the loss .... eff him .....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg machete photo.jpg (132.1 KB, 35 views)
Old 11-11-2003, 10:23 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default blond on blond love making ...

... close your eyes .... and then he takes the shaft of his ... row boat .... and jams it into the boat oar hole .... and rythmically accelerates a forward motion in the pond of love ... one can feel the wet water tension of loves ... which the Director uses to metaphorically describe the yin and yang of polar opposites .... and ... and .... like the opening of a flower pedal to receive the pollen of the honey bee .... a new synergy.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default ooops: blond on blond love making ... photo

Old 11-11-2003, 11:44 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Cool MAD

Pretty sure it was punishment but 3 of us had to memorize a third of the poem, The Raven, then get up and recite it before the class. Miss Lee was a bitch. Of course she did hear me refer to her as Robert E.'s mother and that may have had something to do with it. (The other two guys also had been smart asses.)

MAD did a diddy on "The Raven" and the three of us dog eared that magazine using it as a learning aid. Thank's mad. You know, I can still do the first 5 stanza's. Of course to this day I can't think of E. A. Poe without thinking of SPY Vs. SPY.
Did I ever mention that while in Viet Nam I had flash backs of Miss Lee?
And yes, all my friends couldn't wait for the next issue of MAD to come out each month. It was second only to Playboy.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 11-11-2003, 11:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking

Sometimes I think I am going to have to report you guys to somebody , but who would believe me !