The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2003, 02:00 PM

There is one thing I would HATE to see;

That being a Volunteer Fire Department in the Dallas Forth Worth area.

LORDY LORDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The paid ones are way under paid as are police and sherriffs, but they do their duty as does the Marines.

The last I knew, when you join the service, ( no matter which branch ) you get X amount of dollars per month according to rank and years in service. Right or wrong?

They ( the military ) get their pay raises according to the rank/rate/ not the NEC/MOS, unless in combat, that is when you get your so called ( bennies), cause you sure as hell dont get very many when you decide to get the fuc- out.

Just face it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Military is there and gonna stay there until Hell freezes over, no matter which branch.

This original post is now starting to sound like College Rivals.......

Wake you butts up and smell the roses as they say.........

enough/..............
Old 11-09-2003, 05:00 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Reeb, Sea

Reeb ,,, Your right, this is getting a little out of hand, When I started this post i said being reolistic, We aren't going to change one way or anonther weather or not the Marines are kept or not. I just wanted to point out that We-(US military) don't do Amphibious landings anymoore and what the Marines do could be done by an Army light infantry unit. As US Marine 65 pointed out, the Marines do Vertical assult, and as Arrow pointed out, they also do urban renual. I don't think any of the Armys light infantry units do eather. Yes the Marines have a long tradition, No one is questioning there bravery, although, theres a fine line between brave and stupid. I have a bunch of friends that are Marines and I don't think any less of them because they are Marines, BUUUUUT I don't thing any more of them eather, There just guys, like all the Army guys.

Sea,,, I didn't question your Firefighter Certificate?s . I didn't get your corolation, It was kinda like comairing apples to steel beams, not the same. Compair a Marine to someone that shows up with his dads 06 and wants to join the Fight.
I became an EMT-B in 1975 and still am. I also became national registered EMT, I hold an Advanced Certification as a Firefighter, Haz-Mat Tec, ARFF (Aircraft rescue Firefighter), Fire Instructor, 4-person Paramedic ALS (advanced life support) engine conpany officer for the last 17 years, and theres not enough room in this post to put all the fire classes I have attended, Including Texas A&M and Nation fire accadomy.

Ron
Old 11-09-2003, 05:25 AM

Default SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!

needs to go fight the fire in the closed sugar mill plant, play in the traffic on highway 59, and pick cotton with the rest of the inmates, on the farm!!!!! Only then, possibly, they might learn to stay off this subject and out of harms way. Wonder who that might be!!!!!!!!!!!
SF
NC

As reeb so eloquently says, "enough" of this BS!!!!!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 05:35 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Humper

Someone needs to stick to the subject and not get into name calling, Its to bad that someone can't have a inteligent dicussion on a subject,
Wonder who that someone is?

Ron
Old 11-09-2003, 07:48 PM

I said this awhile ago. 39 you started a good thread, and I have enjoyed the discussion. One of hte reason for this site. A place for men and women who have shared common experiences.
Happy 228 birthday to my fellow Marines.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:39 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default usmcsgt65

Glade to see one Marine that realizes this is just a disscusion.
Happy birthday to the Marines.

Ron
Old 11-10-2003, 07:26 AM

Default Didnt realize------

that HAZ-MAT, EMT, ALS was part of the origin of this post!! But guess some of us are too dense to realize the variance from the INITIAL post.
TY for the congrats!
SF
NC
Old 11-10-2003, 12:46 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Hump

The fire depatment stuff was in responce to Seasoldier, and I told him that this wasn't the place for Fire department stuff. Look back you will see.

Ron
Old 11-29-2003, 09:46 AM

Default LT. Gen.

Ricardo Sanchez the CO of All ground forces in Iraq, today, 11-29-03, stated, " There's no way were going to put this mission at risk in terms of combat power, explaining the need for Marines, whose normal tasks tend toward invasions, not occupation duties. What were in search of is a very mobile, very flexible, lethal force that can accomplish its mission. Those terms are dictated by the enemy"
( This the CO of all the ground troops)
And are his words, not anyone else's.
SF
NC
Old 12-01-2003, 05:08 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default humper

he could have been talking about any Army light infantry unit, Let alone a Mech Infantry or Airborne.

Ron