The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2005, 02:30 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default 1974

I went to the Ford dealer to buy a new Mustang, 1st year of the Mustang 2, I thought it looked cool. I went there and was told that there were no V8 mustangs made in US for the 74 run, Only v8 was made in Mexico for Mexico. Im not going to own a 4 cylinder except in my lawn mower, So I didn't buy the mustang.

Several years later I bought a mustang 2 and put a 460 in it.
Hood closed and everything, looked just like a stock mustang, Had some God awfull pull in 2 &3 gear.

I don't care about those damm rice burners, people can buy them if they chose. I would rather own a Chevy, and I ain't owning no Chevy.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2005, 04:04 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

I had a 74' Mustang II Ghia and it ran great , It had a 2.8L V6 with an Offy Dual Port Intake and a 390 holly 4 barrel carb but no one told me it had a Nylon toothed Timing gear and I ate the engine one cold Missouri morning over reving it while the teeth came off like kernals of corn off the cob. But, untill I blew up the engine in 82' It ran great
Old 11-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Jer

My opinion--- (I have to say this) If your going to own a mustang, It should at the very least, sound good, The deap throughty sound of a mustang V8 is unmisstakable, and is what a mustang should sound like.
My daughter has a V6 mustang, although I did some work on it to make it much better its still only 3/4 of an engine. 239 cubic inch.
3.9 V6 with a Super chip 93 octane program loaded, 70 MM air flow meter, 2 1/4 in dule exhaust through Flowmater 3 chambers, Ram air hood scoop, K&N, 245-45-17 Goodyears with Chrome bullit mags, Her car sounds ok and will squeel the tires in First and second gear on a 4 speed auto , its still a 6.
Ron
Old 11-25-2005, 07:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Stick, we studied Demming's methods when I went to this graduate management course. I really think even at this late date American automakers never really caught on.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:25 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Fred I went to many an automotive plant to review TPM pocesses and they weren't just Ford Plants. Doreville General Motors had such an autocratic method of management it's no wonder that the plant's closing. I'm suprised that it lasted this long but if you want a scarey expieriance go to the Yamaha water vehicle plant in Newnan, Ga. At that plant there is no such thing as an individual. Go to any persons desk in any office and you'll find paper clips in that desk in certain area of a certain drawer. The staples will be in another area of a certain drawer. Now go to another desk and you'll find the paper clips and the staples in exactly the same place as the desk you just left. The worst part of this is that you ain't gonna find any pictures on any desk except for a picture that Yamaha will have given to the possessor of that desk and it damn well better be in the same place that it's on in the next cubicle.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:25 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Stick, or anyone -

Do you remember in the 70's-80's there was a lot of talk by UAW workers that one reason the quality of American cars was decreasing at that time was that management had "speeded up" the assembly line?

Was that a true cause? I've always wondered about this.

I gotta admit... in '78 I bought a brand new Pontiac SUNBIRD off the showroom floor... and, I swear, within 10 miles afterward the driverside visor came off in my hand and the speedometer cable snapped.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Line speed up or down requires a "rebalance" time study of the jobs. Normally when there's a speed up it's because either there is automation taking hourly labor off of the line or more production work force is brought in to reduce per unit work done by the production worker. I'll guaranty you that there never was a line speed up without a union commiteeman standing there with the industrial engineer who was "speeding up" the line. TPM does not allow line speed changes without the production employee instituting that change due to increased productivity. The employee owns his job.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:45 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Bought a 76 Olds....My last American? made car. Had to have it towed back to the dealer appox 5 miles after I drove out.
Rear springs snapped after 4000 miles
Body side molding pealed off within one month. Radiator had to be replaced within the first year..
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 11-26-2005, 07:03 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Best car I ever had was a 1979 Nissan 2 dr hatchback, which I stupidly sold in 1993 ( 14 years ) with almost 170,000 miles on it. Original A/C ( just had to add freon every year ), original transmission and original engine. Got great mileage, seems like around 30.

Larry

Last edited by 82Rigger; 07-14-2008 at 01:07 AM.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62
Default Re: Sarrow

Quote:
Originally posted by 39mto39g You said"To claim that the Japs, Germans, Koreans, who ever, were our enemies years ago and this is their way of getting back at us, is just plain stupid" Its not there way, its our way of getting back at them( don't buy there shit)
You said that to a WW2 vet he might get a little upset at you. And I would also bet there are NO Marines from WW2 that own or would ever own a Jap car. And Its NOT stupid to not buy Jap cars , Its stupid to own one. You own what ever you wish. I can't stand the egg beaters, and I don't even know anyone that has a 4 door anything.

Ron
Oh, dear, we're just not going to come to any common ground on this subject.
I've met a few older Vets who "own" Jap made cars, most seem to drive either Buicks or Olds.
Don't know what the four door has to do with this situation, I've had a couple that will leave American Made cars sitting in the dust.
Guess untill I "own" a Ford F-something, I will not fit into your selective group of American Car "owners". I'm just not willing to knock out my front teeth and drive around with my expensive long arms in the back window.
Love ya man, keep the faith.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown