The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2006, 10:25 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I refuse all religious holidays. Unfortunately I am retired. Fortunately the government gives me a check. Ah crap, I have used it to buy Christmas presents. But I have paid taxes that support the US Military Chaplain Corps. It's OK though, the Supreme Court building has Moses and the Ten Commandments on a frieze. They have had the official Senate Chaplain pray when the Senate opens ever since they have had a Senate. What were they thinking, especially since the framers of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights were in on this conspiracy to usurp the Constitution from the beginning? The current controversey is just that, current. If you want things changed, at least admit this is a new interpretation of the Constitution.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:24 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default 1cav

and those same law makers used to pay a bounty for indian scalps. Times change, people change, cultures change.
Why is it that religous people have such a problem with taking the Christan religon out of government? Nobody said the Christan religon has to stop, its just when tax $ is involved it should be equal for all taxpayers. ( if it can't be equal then there should be none)
I don't want my Senate standing and praying , I want them to punch a time card every day and get the job done that my tax $ is paying for , They can have there religon at home all they want.
Our founding fathers came to this country to excape religous persicution, But because the Christan comunity is in the majority, they believe that there religon should be followed by all, anyone that is not christan has to endure the christan holidays and lack of government on them. The catholic priest are some good roll models.
Ron
Old 04-16-2006, 09:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Just read through this thread for the first time.

Bob, you are a sick puppy...... That's why we hit it off immediately last year. Looking forward to seeing you again this time.

Ya know, alot of this would go away if more people dwelt on, and tried to live, the message that Christmas and Easter represents, instead of the person it involves. They are more all-embracing. You boil it all down, and Christmas and the Christmas Spirit represents Peace On Earth; Good Will Towards Men; just be kind to each other. Easter represents being reborn; starting over with a clean slate; The First Day Of The Rest Of Your Life. I don't think there's hardly anybody, no matter what religion, that thinks any of these are bad things and something not worth striving for. If it takes a cartoonish chracacter to remind people of these things, than so what. Now, if you start hanging a crucifix from every lightpost then somebody has a bitch.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default WHAT

TOM SAID!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:33 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Tom
Coming from you, I consider it an honor and a compliment......If Gimpy said it I would consider it a "snyd" remark with southern overtures
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 04-16-2006, 11:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Mah

Deah Mista "K" (I got dang tired uv tryin ta spell yo other name.. ....),

At least y'all are "half" right...............or is it "half" wrong??

Whut wuz tha question again??????
:cd:

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Mah Dear suthern brother Gimpy
Being the eternal optimist and self appointed president of the Optimist club, I would call it half right. Now on the other hand since I made the statement.....It is all right, But everything cant be all right, because if it were all right then we would be traveling in circles.......Sometimes I even confuse myself
Bob e=mc/2 K

God bless the ACLU
Old 04-16-2006, 04:31 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I don't believe there is anything in the Constitution about Indian scalps. People came to this country to practice religions that were illegal in their own countries since their old governments stepped in to stop them practicing them. The separation of church and state stipulation was so that no one of these beliefs could set themselves up as a state sponsored religion where tax money goes into church coffers such as happens in England with the Church of England. Nowhere does it say anything about banning God from government. I think if it is really something the people want, since it has nothing to do with laws and customs we have always had, there should be a Constitutional Amendment to ban God from government instead of trying to twist the Constitution one more time. After all, that is how we had to get LEGAL slavery out of the Conxtitution.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:59 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Tom, Oh Tom - Oh Frisco Kid!

Bob's a sicko. LT John and I have through our tremendous intellect and powers of observation recognized this one fact.
Bob is a sicko.

Tom, maybe you are right. Sicko's need friends.

Brother Bob,
I'll be your friend but don't expect me to defend your sicko ways.

Keith
Old 04-16-2006, 05:20 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Ron,

I as a Christian Minister feel that the tremendous attack upon the Christian Community almost results in the taking away of the religious freedoms for which so many came to the United States. All this stuff about Easter and Christmas has very little or nothing to do with the government "establishing a religion" and more about the ACLU folks wanting to abolish anyone with any religious beliefs from politics. The ultimate aim is to have only aithiest and other anti-religious folks in government. [Because if you even have the slightest leanings toward being a person of faith that would certain be condensending to the establishment of religion which is unconstitutional.] So the religious community is fighting back because they feel their very rights are being undermined by the ACLU.
The church I pastored in Newport owned 6 acres of land. In Washington anymore than 5 acres land owned by a church is taxable. We were taxed on 1 acre of land. Yet, when I went to a school board meeting representing the church they said I couldn't come as a church representive unless we paid property tax I proved our church did pay property tax then they said but you can voice an opinion as a religious organization. I said our constitution was established on the principle that there can be no taxation without representation. If I'm tax, If our church is taxed then we have a voice as a corporation just like any other corporation that has been taxed. The School District's lawyers finally agreed. We as a church did have a right to voice our opinions in School District affairs because we were taxed. The reason many states don't tax churches is because they don't want them to participate in school oriented projects. Yet in Washington they want our money. The same thing goes for people with religious opinions, they want to tax them but they don't want to hear their opinions.
I don't want to establish a [state religion] but I do believe religion in the life of the everyday person should not bring that person on political scrutiney. People with religious convictions whether anti-religious or pro-religious will bring those opinions with them when elected to public office. That's okay! But to totally push anything religious out of public life is discrimination itself and that is exactly what the ACLU desires. The ACLU wants the USA to be an aithiest STATE, and eventually put all who have any religious beliefs behind bars as they tried to do in the old USSR. Beware of what you are promoting! It may make things a lot worse for you and others. Political Correctness is nothing more than sensorship and anti-religious bigotry.

Keith