The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Warriors Saloon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2002, 07:16 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco

I went in the Chat room to join in a trivia game and it went so fast I couldn't think fast enough to keep up so I fled back to have a cup of tea and listen to some flute music. Think I'll fire up the pipe a while and sit a spell. Anyone up for a talk or want to talk of the old ones?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2002, 10:29 PM

Heated up some hot chocolate to end this lonely night. I have found this place cold and lonely...I thought I would meet a few friends here but no one has taken time to get to know me to much or if they have I don't know about it so I probably will not post again which will probably make some people very happy. Its a sad statement when different voices can't be heard on a forum such as this. Many of you can say I'm hurt here and be heard with respect and kindness. I have not been given that. Courtesies of a small and trivial character are the ones which strike deepest in the grateful and appreciative heart Henry Clay once said. Sparrow asks for understanding to those who know her heart yet she breaks mine without a thought. Then she talks about our Father...My Father loves me as much as her and would not keep punishing me everytime I speak. I am hurt for the last time by that woman until apology flows. Love doesn't seek its own,,,it is kind and doesn't keep hurting its wounded Vietnam Vets. I got no welcome home like many of you and I had compassion for you. Have you any for me? Are my words so contemptuous? Do I have any friends here?
Old 07-26-2002, 11:34 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Judy you have been rude by making outrageous statements regard censorship of your post and your pms and ignoring the calls of the moderators to provide proof. And not recanting one untrue statement of censorship. I think we all have been pretty nice about going the extra mile with you. I am sorry you don't feel it is far enough. The crux of the matter as I see it is you are pissed about the ground rule I laid down on the Women's Patriot forum about no male bashing if you have a bitch about a man make it specific my ex, my sgt etc. But on the other hand same/same with men generally attacking women as happened on the history channel forum with a person that will remained unnamed. If you consider that censorship so be it. I thing we all have been more than a little patient with your accusations. Is it possible that you want us to admit to something that is not true? Would that make me a better person in you eyes? I am sorry I can't do that for you or any one else no matter how you want to call into question my concern for Vietnam Vets and my love of others as you have so stated.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 07-26-2002, 11:37 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

For the record and what I see the problem to be:

First let me say Judy that there would be no Patriot files if it wasn't for Bern and David. I think I would be safe in saying that when people fund a site out their own pockets for months on end and will not allow advertising to maintain the integrity of the site that you bet they have our best interest at heart. Be nice. The Girl was jokin'.

As the song says, "She works hard for her money, so hard for you honey, so you better treat her right."

Ground rule #1 no male bashing on this forum. Speak your minds and if you have to make reference to harm done to you by a man put it in the specific and not the general. My ex, my SGT, etc. It is hurtful to me when men generalize about women so let's not return the hurt. The same goes for guys. You come on the forum and say anything like "get over it." Or demean any one of the sisters. Your post will be deleted. Count on it. Maybe some of you are "getting over it" but you had to work long and hard to get there. We are not all in the same place at the same time. Go easy on each other. sis

Main Entry: pa?tri?ot

Pronunciation: 'pA-trE-&t, -"?t, chiefly British 'pa-trE-&t

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle French patriote compatriot, from Late Latin patriota, from Greek patriOtEs, from patria lineage, from patr-, patEr father

Date: 1605: one who loves his or her country and supports its authority

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

07-14-2002 12:01 PM

judyvillecco
Mockingbird

Women patriots
lLook. I don't know who does what and I have explained myself enough to the people involved. What do you want more? If this site is for just a few just say so and I'll be gone. I work hard for my money too and don't see that as the issue sparrow.

07-14-2002 02:47 PM

little sparrow
Erin go bragh

Now now don't be upset I was just given you a little history so you would know who does what. I understand you are havin' a hard time but we are not the enemy. sis

Ladies night-smell the coffee
No you didn't freak me. i tried to send you a message but I wasn't able to get it through due to a message that said it was deleted and monitored. Must be my computer cause I'm told it wasn't here and what i saw I didn't. Funny I'm not diagnosed hallucinations.

07-16-2002 07:23 PM

vetgirl

you can always e-mail me

07-16-2002 07:42 PM

judyvillecco
Mockingbird

Whew...been running from Liberty mountain or something like that. Had to go offline and delete some cookies attached to my computer. Tried to secret message some buddies but couldn't. Guess my big mouth has got me into trouble again. Certain people don't like the discomfort of the topics I'm bringing up. Guess some people don't think they are patriotic enough. Seems I'm being accused of being a troublemaker. Wow I thought i was just commenting on my reality like others here.

07-16-2002 08:04 PM

David
veni, vidi, vici

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tried to secret message some buddies but the webmasters have big brother censoring me. Guess my big mouth has got me into trouble again. Certain people don't like the discomfort of the topics I'm bringing up. Guess some people don't think they are patriotic according to Falwell or some of that bunch.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
No you didn't freak me. i tried to send you a message but Ilm not allowed. This may be my last post see censorship,

What are you talking about?

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 07-27-2002, 12:09 AM

Question Smell the coffee please-ladies night

Well since you are drinking at my table tonight, I will address each of your accusations for the record. Again sparrow, I am not rude and wish you would refrain from namecalling. I do not feel I have made "outrageous accusations" of censorship. The censorship I was referring to did happen. No, I didn't dream it and I took my references to it off to keep controversy down on this forum, but since you won't let it die it remains. I will correct for the record that I do not believe David or Bern had anything to do with it now. I was reported to a liberty website by a poster I'd rather not say except I know who and they know who. I had a cookie on my computer as it turns out. I only malebash my abusers and since you came on so strong to me I didn't feel free to talk on the forum. I felt you intended to keep bashing and I was going to watch the site and see where it went. i was content it was there. From the looks of things, Doesn't look like to many other women have felt safe either. maybe you have too many rules for women and bash us women too hard. My arguments with David and Bern was over some names of the forum which if that offends them with all the other stuff on these sites, again if this is a site for the few...

.I have been married to the same man for close to 30 years and he is a vet . I don't hate men so get that out of your head but I don't hate women and think they need a voice we don't seem to have. Obviously you have some prejudice here it seems to me...but that's just my opinion...I could be wrong. Don't get mad just trying to get you to look at some stuff. You come on antiwoman to me.
Old 07-27-2002, 12:12 AM

A good heart is better than all the heads in the world...Edward Bulwer-lytton
Old 07-27-2002, 12:48 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

You are not stating the facts Judy but that's ok if it makes you feel better to tell it your way go ahead. I don't have time to run defense on this one. Thanks for taking your post off the site accusing us of censorship. I appreciate that.

Old 07-27-2002, 11:10 AM

I am an optimist. it doesn't seem too much use being anything else. Winston Churchill. You have your "facts" I have mine. LET IT GO!
Old 08-04-2002, 07:00 PM

"In matters of syle, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock" Thomas Jefferson Coffees brewing and night is young.
Old 08-04-2002, 09:04 PM

Well this has been a good night but the coffee house is quiet ...not many talkers tonight. I welcome the listeners. Talked to some folks about a POW who died quietly this past week and reminiced about old times and old warriors. One old warrior who is always on my heart is my Dad. Jean Paul Richter once said "What a father says to his children is not heard by the world, but it will be heard by posterity." I keep coming to this coffee saloon to find something. Perhaps you will join me heresometime and together we can find what it is we are missing. Smell the coffee?