The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2003, 03:36 AM

SS if you reread what I've wrote no where did I say anything about sin but while we are on the subject, the Gospels do say that anything you do in excess such as gambling,drinking,or even sex is a sin. or that's the way I read the gospel.
razz
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2003, 02:38 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default razz

Kindly cite the Book, Chapter and Verse that talks of moderation, the antithesis of excess; I can't seem to find it in my Bible. And BTW, if moderation is the pro forma of good behavior, by whose standards are we defining as moderation? I may not consider seeking $8 million in credit, as did Bennett, as moderation personified, but he might. What it all appears to boil down to is this: you liberals don't like Bill Bennett because he has skewered many of your sacred cows, has pointed out the failures of liberal ideas, and did what he wanted to do without harming anyone else. And the fact that he is uniquely eloquent just drives you to demonize him all the more. Ta-Ta

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 03:24 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default More Evidence

Now that the New York Times has had their managerial and editorial face covered with egg with the Jayson Blair scandal, along comes the Los Angeles Times with their version of "who can tell the biggest lie." It seems that one of its prime reporters, Robert Scheer, has done a cut and paste story out of the BBC, stating that the rescue of Jessica Lynch was all a staged affair. The scumbag of a reporter never bothered to check any facts, never bothered to verify the BBC report, but wrote his scurrilous attack on our military, and by implication, the Commander in Chief, whom he obviously despises. Imagine, if you can, the vast conspiracy of silence that must exist in his warped mind, involving the Marine diversionary attack force, the Navy Seal security forces, the Ranger rescue team, and the Air Force crew that transported the entire mission. Check out this moron's pre-war diatribes. Now, let's see the Los Angeles Times discipline him, or better yet, print any type of apology. And all you liberals or leberals out there, come out of your closets, and start defending this fool of a so-called reporter, and the liberal excuse for a newspaper he represents.

And here's more:

"Students at a college graduation ceremony booed a New York Times reporter off the stage after he compared the United States' policy in Iraq to piranhas and a tyranny over the weak.

Chris Hedges was only three minutes into his 18-minute presentation when his microphone was unplugged Saturday at Rockford College in Rockford, Ill., the Rockford Register Star reported.

During the speech, some graduates and audience members protested silently by turning their backs to the stage, while others rushed up the aisle to shout at the Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter. One student tossed his cap and gown toward the speaker.

Jeers, foghorns and calls of "God Bless America" also could be heard.

By that time, graduate Mary O'Neill, who sat next to Pribbenow, already had left the ceremony in tears after she asked the president why he allowed the speech to continue.

"This is a ceremony," he told the Rockford daily. "... The day belongs to the students. It doesn't belong to a political view."

The Times' war correspondent said in his speech war breeds a fervor for heroism that sacrifices individual thought for temporarily belonging to a larger cause, according to the Register Star.

He expressed sympathy for American soldiers, characterizing them as boys from poor southern backgrounds who joined the military because they had no other options.

"War in the end is always about betrayal," he said, according to the Rockford paper. "Betrayal of the young by the old, of soldiers by politicians and idealists by cynics."

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 05-21-2003, 03:45 AM

Superscout,lets see if the press says something good about the conv/reb. they are right and finely telling the truth if they says something about the dems/leberals they are the bad old leberal press I do wish you would make up your mind which it is,I saw the story you were talking about and I though it was bullsh!t.I have never run down our fighting men or woman and never well and anyone who dose is full of it. and as far as being a closet leberal that" SIR "I am not,what you see is what you get.
razz
Old 05-21-2003, 12:41 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco
Thumbs up

Couldn't have said it better myself! "War does breed a fervor for heroism...and in the end is always about betrayal,"..."of the young by the old, of soldiers by politicians and idealist by cynics." Anyone who believes this war was about weapons of mass destruction please stand up. Anyone who knows it was about making sure we got oil contracts..oh and by the way did some good deeds along the way say amen. Can never convince me otherwise. Where is the smoking gun. So Sadam had to go...don't let another Sadam back in. Funny how our gas prices rose and fell with the oil and how the Bush's are all tied into that. please let this liberal stand! Now can we get back to what's wrong with American economy, health care and who is suffering here or do we keep giving the farm away singing "we are the world?"
Old 05-22-2003, 06:41 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default razz

There's a $20 bill in my pocket that you will never see a criticism of the Los Angeles Times story about the faux raid, as they call it. The liberal press, and this is the topic de jure, is more protective of itself than a bunch of crooked lawyers (is that being redundant?). The liberal press, like the New York Times, has allowed itself to become the laughing stock of journalism because of a fatally flawed policy and management style. Their west coast mirror image, the Los Angeles Times, is similarly foolish, to put it mildly, for printing the inane drivel of Robert Scheer. There will not an apology from the Left Coast Times, trust me.

And will the person with evidence of new oil contracts between the US and Iraq please come forward? Or aren't you smart enough to come up with something more original than 'blood for oil', the most banal tripe trotted out yet. You types wouldn't believe WMD existed even if a ton of anthrax was dropped on your head, which may not be such a bad idea!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-22-2003, 07:17 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Mark Twain sums up my opinion of most media left and right...

Do not fear the enemy, for your enemy can only take your life. It is far better that you fear the media, for they will steal your HONOR. That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoemaking and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poorhouse. -

-Mark Twain

AMEN !!!
Old 05-22-2003, 08:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to Lady Creffield

The story about "all the priceless artifacts stolen from the Iraqi museums" seems to have died down as well, now that it's been revealed that most feared lost were found either in the museums or with the curators for safe-keeping.

Gimpy, you sound like a nice guy, albeit misled. But here's the terrifying thing: I'm still a child myself--don't even have my driver's permit--and it's plain that you're behaving like a little kid. "SuperSmelly" ? "SuperStinker" ? "Kornsurvatives"?

They sound like words from the mouth of my 9 year old brother.

Judyvillecco: You whine and moan about us "kornsurvatives" people telling others to "shut up," (which is our constitutional prerogative, by the way) but you've conveniently ignored (by your own admittance) half the posters on the thread. Explain that away, ma'am. Who's caught in the web of hypocrisy now?

""War in the end is always about betrayal," he said, according to the Rockford paper. "Betrayal of the young by the old, of soldiers by politicians and idealists by cynics."

I've got something to say about that quote...(don't I always?)

"Betrayal of the young by the old" is less dramatically phrased by something that most liberals seem to have missed---growing up. Nor does it take war to do so. In the face of reality, idealistic children are often betrayed by life itself, not by the conspiratorial machinations of "cynics." (People that I prefer to call "realists.") As for the betrayal of soldiers by politicians, you don't do our soldiers justice. What they go through in the heat of war is terrible, but as soldiers they've chosen to risk that, through love of their country and the people they leave behind. Soldiers (exception being Steven Funk) do not expect to be pampered when they enlist. It is not betrayal, it is the realization of a grim but prepared for task that they have volunteered to do.
Old 05-23-2003, 04:06 AM

SS, seeing how I don't live in LA and do not read the LA or the New York times I can not anwser your question. But as far as WMD, If they found three can's of raid taped together these people would be happy.
As far as looting I will not even talk about the crowd of criminals looting their country nothing to say shoot them, but the only people who will get rich is the rupublians or at least their friends (ie)halliburtion...
razz
Old 05-23-2003, 04:50 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco
Red face

LADY CREFFIELD,
thank you for addressing me and I'll try not to "whine and moan" too loudly about you "kornsurvatives" people "telling others to "shut up" being its their constitutional perogative and all. I know I get told to shut up a lot. I do not ignore half the posters on this thread... just a couple, as they argue black is white and I admit it...it's my constitutional perogative, as is my "whining and moaning." I like conservatives as a group and consider myself a moderate on most issues and conservative myself on some issues, liberal on others. I try to keep an open mind, unlike some people I know. Not you maam.

When I talk about the betrayal of soldiers by politicians I do not in any way denigrate soldiers as I was one myself. I think we go in idealistic believing in God and country and that we will defend her til death and all. But, when we get out and older, especially those of us who were around for Vietnam, know our government betrayed us with their crazy politics and we are gun shy to see it happen again. Too many men lost their lives needlessly in Vietnam. Too many of us suffered to break down barriers for others, myself included. I earned the right to complain and challenge this or any other president who sends my sons or grandsons to war.

I did not then, nor do I fear now going to war for a just cause as my father did in World War II. But even that war had it's political side. How well I remember my father and grandfather talk about that. How the people were rationed and oil was dumped to keep prices up and shortages and rations. He witnessed a lot of things even then that took the idealism from his heart. War is hell let us not take it lightly or enter into it lightly and don't think the people who come back are fine and we can just set some of them loose on society. Well I moan and whine on......peace to all.