The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2007, 12:57 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

You said a lot and it wasn't a full page.
I would read pages like this.
And I agree, a better understanding is important, the understanding isn't going to get there if it's not read.
If it not being read is ok by you then continue with your long pages of stuff. But you'll lose me. Thats my problem , I guess.
Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2007, 05:33 PM

Thoroughly understanding and studing the issues means nothing as the people that need to understand them do not give a fuck about veterans . We are a small piece of the pie and our votes are small numbers compared to the other people in this country that recieve pay for sitting on their asses all day long just having more babys to repeat the cycle of welfare .
Most politicians are not veterans in this country and a lot of the politicians are interested in only one thing getting reelected and making the most voters happy they can . We are getting fewer and fewer each year as the WW II guys and us Vietnam era guys pass away .
We are only needed when we are young now that we are older the politcians have no use for us. I see no improvement coming anytime soon as half the guys on here are just like the rest of the population they have no use for and give a shit about wheather there fellow soldiers and sailors are warm and safe at night. Yet the day will come for you my fellow veterans when your luck will run out. All wise ass get up and walk mother fuckers just mark my words and remember that just a few days ago we lose two from among us .
Locksley
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:18 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ron,...

..without reading any of this, and undestanding why you don't want to,...

... that's why there is men like Gimpy that can comprehend it all, and make 'sense" of it all, or like wise,, he is sitll fightin',....

...as w' all will , shit, Democrat that he he is l , he's out here thinkin for all ,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 01-20-2007, 04:24 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Gimp
If people were injured while in the military, they should be takin care of by the military and a disability paid to them. If people that were in the military were injured after there military service , they still should be taken care of but the disability would not be there.

If this is not happening, then some changes should be made, if this is hapening and someone wants to change it then that should not happen.
This is my opinion.
Ron

Im going to have to add a ps.
If a person can prove a problem with them is related to there military experiance (PTSD) or agent orange , or whatever. Then they should also have a disability along with medical care.
again my opinon.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

per Ron ( I have always been a cut to the chase kind of guy too ), lets just make it all plain and simple.

1)
In October 1996, Congress passed the Veterans' Health Care Eligibility Reform Act, paving the way for the Medical Benefits Package plan, available to all enrolled veterans. The Medical Benefits Package emphasizes preventive and primary care, offering a full range of outpatient and inpatient services.

( this was, in many ways, an ill advised, not very well thought out, and not funded adequately, initiative, which has resulted in most of the "budget money problems" for the VA in the 11 years since )

2 ) this government runs on "fiat funny money". It is created out of thin air and no attempt is made to "balance anything" or pay off the "debt"

3) veterans as a percentage of the total population now is less than 10%. the first baby boomers hit 62 in 2008. After that there will be a huge shit-storm as the "entitlements pie" is cut up.

Do the math. Blame those responsible. Wise up. Party labels mean squat.

All IMHO.

Larry

P.S. : the continuing experiences I have had at the Memphis VA have all been as good or much better than anything I have had privately.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:25 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

MD
I don't know why you posted this to me, it's gimpy's thread, but I'll give my opinion on a couple of your points.

Your point
#1. What and how does a vet become a "enrolled veteran" and I see nothing wrong with the statement .
#2. I don't agree, The Debt has been cut in half in recent years.
and each department has to submit a budget before the fiscal year and that department budget has to be approved or denied by line item withing the department oversight. and the governments ability to use Funny money has been there ever since they dropped the Gold standard. Thats why there has been a debt for umteen years.

#3. "veterans as a percentage of the total population now is less than 10%"
I don't think there are 30,000,000 vets in this country, I would guess the number would be closer to about 10,000,000.But I have no idea.
What is the "entitlements pie" and how do I sign up for a slice?
Never been in a VA office.

My opinions about vet medical benefits are in my post below. But they are just an opinion.

I'm not sure what "Do the math. Blame those responsible. Wise up. Party labels mean squat." is supposed to mean.
I think the VA system is fine. but I have never used it so I have no idea.

Ron
Old 01-20-2007, 11:24 AM

Ron

Yea you have no idea , I thought so . The average V. A . nurse works hard amd does a good job. But that is but 1 part of the VA and the rest of the VA is worthless . They sit in a federal office somewwhere pushing paper and could give a shit about Veterans they are there to keep us from getting benifits just like the social security trys to keep us from getting that .
Old 01-20-2007, 12:37 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Ok Lock
For some reason you want to talk to me so, Hears a question for ya, Just when did you get injured, You said "I have a lousy 10 percent disability I got in 1973 when I got out of the U S navy. " so you were out of the Navy when you got injured? Or you were injured in the Navy and then got disability when you got out?
I'm not going trade insults with you by the way. The treatment you get may have something to do with your attitude toward people and life in general.

I was at a business office complex the other day and this guy came out of the office in a wheel chair and went to a F150 pick up. I stood about 15 feet away and watched him. He got out of his chair and put the chair in the back of the truck without touching the ground, He had NO legs. I went to him and told him that I was impressed, and we both went about our business.
Maybe you have a right to bitch and complain and maybe the world owes you something , But I had nothing to do with anything related to you. If you deserve help from the VA they should help you if you don't deserve help from the VA they still should help you, If there not helping you then there are places to go that I would guess can direct you for help. Cussing at me and people that read post on this site is not going to help you even a little.
Ron
Old 01-20-2007, 01:20 PM

If people were injured while in the military, they should be takin care of by the military and a disability paid to them.

Cussing at me and people that read post on this site is not going to help you even a little.

Ron

You believe to much crap you see on the 6.00 o'clock news and have no idea what really goes on in the VA system. But every time you come out with that crap about the VA IS TAKING CARE OF US WELL that is crap you saw on the lieing 6.00 o'cllock new. I will cuss anyone that runs that crap by and trys to inply that every thig is OK in the VA system. I am not trying to get any help from you are anyone else on this site I do not want your sympathy .
Old 01-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Lock
You didn't answer the questions.
and personally I don't care if you cuss at me, But I would guess That david would care that you cuss at other people on the site.
You cuss at me from behind a computer screen and thats your choice, you say shit to my face and Id bust you in your mouth, I could give a shit less if you can't walk, an asshole is an asshole, walking or not.
Answer the questions and we will continue our talk, don't answer and you can talk to yourself.
And just for you I'll ask them again.
"Just when did you get injured, You said "I have a lousy 10 percent disability I got in 1973 when I got out of the U S navy. " so you were out of the Navy when you got injured? Or you were injured in the Navy and then got disability when you got out? "
Ron