The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2006, 06:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

WH, A lot of community water has passed under the keel of this bunch, a lot of arcs drawn, and one lesson on the plate is that there are hot buttons that can be pushed or left alone. At this late date, the hot buttons aren?t about to change and I can?t think of a single soul here that is easily bullied or intimidated and then doesn?t get right into the flail should that occur.

Packo can be outspoken and a growl bear if his buttons are pushed but his usual style is humor and openness of opinion. Alas, no agenda straw men with Packo, what ya see is what there is, and that is a much appreciated quality.

And Bob, if ya are going to press-gang Navy lingo, at least get it right. It goes: ?Like trying to stuff boiling hot butter up a wild cat?s ass whilst in the 5/38 mount. Now kiss your chicken and behave, ya hear.

Scamp
Old 11-24-2006, 06:17 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Wazzhole
For a person who got his panties in a knot over "$hit' .....You sure have become proficient in dropping the F bomb.
www.fbomb.net
bOOger

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 06:46 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post The only reason I like

The only reason I like Paco Tom is: He buys Washington Wine, helps keep our economy going.

Love the way those tar heels can get emotional.
Especially when their vaunted B-Team loses to a little Washington School. I personally ruined Packy's Thanksgiving.

Keith
Old 11-24-2006, 06:55 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Keith
At least you were able to come up with a reason.....We have a winery here in southern Indiana. It's called "Possum Trot Winery"...and thats no lie. I should have turned Packo on to that crap.
bOOger

God bless the ACLU
Old 11-24-2006, 07:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Possum Trot.

If you drink their wine do you get the trots?
Would be a good wine for Packo.
It would make him trot.

Keith
Old 11-24-2006, 08:02 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Quote:
WH, A lot of community water has passed under the keel of this bunch, a lot of arcs drawn, and one lesson on the plate is that there are hot buttons that can be pushed or left alone. At this late date, the hot buttons aren?t about to change and I can?t think of a single soul here that is easily bullied or intimidated and then doesn?t get right into the flail should that occur ~Scamp~

Exactly Scamp, and as you may have guessed it was my aim to bring a shaft of light to the presumptuous and uninformed rather than give in to the larger passion of letting loose a quiverof verbal arrows that would put Pastor Keith to prayin' for me for weeks on end.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 11-24-2006, 08:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Of course Sis, I heard and felt the Oklahoma guard rails a sqeekin and a bendin way out here and was about to holler ?Oklahoma stampede? and get ta standin clear.

But on the down side, you may have ?sinned? in your mind and need some of Pastor Keith?s intervention, just in case.

Scamp
Old 11-24-2006, 09:25 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Now comes an additional problem for Canada; what about the Maritime Provinces...Nova Scotia, Labrador, Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island. They'll be cut off from the government in Ottawa. I spoken with residents of those provinces and some want to join Great Britain, some want to apply for statehood with the US. Maybe a couple of more stars on the flag.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:26 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Laughing with tears in my eyes Scamp, thanks for the smile.I do need some fessin' up though, workin' on a discipline of spirit but considering the years I'vespent lettin' thatpony run full throttlethis project may have to becompleted on the other side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1.jpg (46.4 KB, 39 views)

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 11-24-2006, 02:27 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

This site is so full of people that jump to conclusions and assume stuff.
I'll just comment on the first two post.
Pac didn't call anyone a jerk, what he said was "Now they are a pathetic welfare state." No jerk in there anywhere.
The jerk part is the assumption made by WH Toward Pac about the French and then he said " What about all the Cajun French who are Vietnam Vets and went through the same ordeal as you and the rest of the Vietnam Vets who post here ? Are they just a bunch of jerks also ?"
I don't know where WH was getting an idea that somehow United Staeres Citizens that are Cajun and have a French ancestry and served in VN , that Pac thought these were 'also' Jerks?
The written word sometime gets misinterpreted by the reader because of the readers background.
"Its just a football game" would never be said in Austin while playing the Aggies.
Pac didn't even say anything wrong against the Frence, Being a welfare State is not an opinion, its a matter of record.
I have a good friend that came to the Huston are from Louisiana. 'She' says she is Coon-ass whatever that is, Judging people by there heritage can be done in a general way but there will always be those in the group that will prove you wrong.

Ron