The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2005, 08:27 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Still much to say

"Well, what that 214 shows is that our Prez got an early out, for one thing... which I surely would have accepted had one been offered. How 'bout ya'll?"
I DID get an early out--3 months. They didn't offer it to me, I had to apply?just like Bush. But my discharge doesn't say what his says and I'll bet neither does yours. That?s a Kiss of Death statement and in line with all the other negative or missing information.
George Bush got an 8 months early out. When I applied for the out in Bragg, they were only giving 3 months to stateside people but 5 months if you applied from Vietnam. George Bush got an extremely lengthy early out that NO ONE else got! What5 is that but special treatment?
B ut if you look at the qualifications box you see why: with no qualifications AT ALL Bush was as useless as tits on a boar to the USAF. He was'nt even qualified to paint rocks white!! They kept me longer because, even with my modest qualifications, I was actually useful to them. (Darn it!)
Furthermore, Bush was required to find a ANG unit in MASS that he could join--this he NEVER did. Why not, conservatives?

"As for decorations, it could be that the military way of denying recognition for service (such as a NS etc) is to not list it on the separation record... for early outers. So be it... I'd rather see the folks who did the heavy lifting get the fruit salad anyway."
I don't know what planet you live on and I don't even understand what youre trying to say here. Anybody who does not have even the medals a 6 month trainee does, after 5+ years, can hardly be said to have served his country adequately. No medals at all means that Bush never did anything notable at all. He didn't even get the "I was there" medals because he wasn't!
But whats more interesting is why he ran away leaving his discharge looking as sorry as this. No medals at all--no qualifications at all--thats a SHITTTY record by ANYONES standards--anyone except the Right WIng I guess. Anybody want to argue with that? No medals and no qualifications after 5 years is a shitty record?
But whats REALLY chickenshit about Bush and his followers is the way they line up to slam the medals of people who actually have some While pretending to suport Vietnam Veterans. Bush's people have slandered every single Vietnam Vet--Kerry, Gore, Bob Kerrey, Max Cleland, even McCain and Hagel!-- they ever went up against--for a weasel who didn't get ANY!!. It is s the most chickenshit thing in the world to slam ANYBODY'S medals when your boy HAS NONE WHATSOEVER!
The most CS thing in modern history is George Bush paying people to slander other peoples medals WHEN HE HAS NONE AT ALL!!

"I don't recall him ever stating that he was anything but what he is, right?"
I have so many examples of him?and his liars-- lying about his service, its hard to know where to start.
here's just one: On page 86 of his "autobiography"(written by Karen Hughes) he states: [after flight school] I flew with my unit for the next several years." What he actually did was fly less than 2 years of his remaining 4 year MSO. Twenty-two months isn't "Several years" is it? Thats the way the Republicans figure their deficit reduction package too. You really like to cherrypick the info, don?t you, just like evidence of WMDs.
He's also said he served honorably and waves this discharge around to "prove" it. But this discharge doesn't "prove" it at all, it proves a BIG FAT ZERO!! No medals--no qualifications--whats the reason for that? Show me ONE other person who has ZERO in his qualifications box and medals box who got an honorable discharge! If that isn't special treatment I don't know what is (So was Nxon sending a plane to pick him up for a date with Tricia Nixon.
But the most obvious misrepresentation is this: everytime you see Bush in a flight jacket pretending to be a pilot thin: WANNABE!! Just look at the qualifications box, Bush was STRIPPED of his flight qualifications as this suspension document proves. Bush spent his last 15 months of "active" duty suspended from his only job.

"(try it sometime, in a combat jet)" I spent a year in Vietnam as an Airborne infantryman and MACV Lrrp. Three years as a paratrooper. I got nothing to learn about honor, duty or courage from a weekend warrior who ran away from his duty with NO MEDALS OR QUALIFICATIONS AT ALL!! And who pays people to slander other peoples medals!!
Don't ever compare Bush's service to mine--mine was honorable and his wasn't--at least I showed up EVERY DAY and was discharged with at least a mofest amount of medals and qualification. And if someone claims Bush's service was as honorable as mine I intend to see how high I can make that individual bounce. Just for all the people who showed up every day.

"Dubya realizes, as does anyone with a functioning brain, that he got some bennies borne from privilege."
Not to hear him and his people tell it, to them he's Abe the log splitter instead of the truth: he's a fatcat child of privilege who has had every door in his life opened for him all his life (Like getting into Harvard BS School?a history grad from Yale with a mediocre GPA) .Bush showed up to tang at the right time at the right place according to him--and also with the right name: Same name as the Congressman of that district (those were the days when he called himself Junior--untill his mid 40s)
Bush has been the beneficiary of wealth and privilege all his life and never more so than in his military career.. His family beat out the Kennedy's for wealth and privilege long ago.

"Almost anyone, especially our President, who imagines even a little about what it takes to earn serious medals does not "piss on" those who have rightly earned them."
I am just awed by this --REALLY! I'm openmouthed.What planet DO you live on?? Republicans and conservatives lined up to slander Kerry's and Gore's medals AND ARE STILL DOING IT!! Don't you read the opinions of the conservatives who post here? They do it every day with a song in their hearts. Just ask Super Scout, reconeil or anybody here like that what they think of Kerry's and Gore's medals--for a weasel who wasn't man enough to walk (run) away with even an NDSM on his record.
And the ties of the SwiftBoat Liars to the Bush administration are well established and its a further measure of the devious chickenshit we call president that at the same time he was paying people to slander Kerry's medals he was praising Kerry's military record publically--but wouldn't call off his attack dogs.
Bush and his people didn't hardly tell you that our Dear Leader was discharged WITH NO MEDALS AND QUALIFICATIONS AT ALL, did they? Think that wasn't misleading?.
Talk about who's trying to rewrite history! Even while its still being said!

"The President's military record is what it is, and he has (to my knowledge) never denied it. Raising it again and again and again, is another shibboleth... intended to produce an effect it will never produce, no matter how craftily it is characterized"
Bush and his people have never told the truth about his dismal record. If discharges are any measure of performance at all than this shows a big fat zero. According to this discharge, Bush was stripped of his qualifications, never did anything noteworthy at all and didn't finish his commitment. Its there (or NOT) in simple English.
Those facts are completely different than the service Bush has claimed was honorable. No medals at all--not even the I was there stuff. DIS qualfied from doing ANYTHING in the military
A disgrace, and nothing but.
Bush claims that because he got an honorable discharge he served honorably. This is complete bullshit--if the discharge says that you didn;t get ANY medals in more than 5 years, not even the ones a 6 month trainee gets, and were stripped of your qualificatiions it means you didn't serve well at all.
No only that but there;s conssiderable proof athat Bush was paid and discharged fraudulently See: http://www.nytimes.com/packages/pdf...n/lechliter.pdf

"However, in no case is it permitted to denegrate those who try at every weight and height."
YOure talking to the wrong dude--why don't you say that to your conservative confreres who piss on Kerry?s medals with a smile and a song every chance they get? If pointing out the truth about Bush's record--that he was discharged complete UNQUALIFIED, with NO MEDALS AT ALL after doing only 5 years 4 months of a 6 year hitch
This suspension and the fact that he didn't get back on flight status--didn't even try shows he didn't try hard at all to maintain his pilots certifications.
Bush says nothing about his own career, but floats BS like "My polane went obsolete) BS There's no one single word in Bush's papers about his plane going obsolete, its all aboutt him in it and ho good he is at it and how hard he's studying it. Why is he studying it if its going obsolete?
There's a lot more BS floating around about Bush. He's never given the facts of his suspension, refused to answer whether he'd been ordered to take his physical. He and his cohorts want all talk about his military record to die out though. If I had NO MEDALS and NO QUALIFICATIONS AFTER 5 years of "service" I would too
At least you can never accuse me of pissing on Bush's medals--he doesn't have any-- or I would.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:05 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Well I thought this was a thread about the lack of veterans serving in our Congress and Senate, turns out it is just another excuse to bash the Commander-in-Chief.

Nice work guys, from a good thread to another politically inspired piece of shit!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 10:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Trav

Just consider the source, and keep movin'!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 11-13-2005, 12:23 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default If

folks would be so kind as to re-read the 'original' post you may better understand WHY George W. Bushs' 'military record' (or LACK of it!) is germane or appropiate to include these facts in this conversation.

In the second paragraph of the article of the original post it states:

"Does it matter? Well, Congress and the Whitehouse sets the budget for our military and military Veterans programs. But critics worry more about a failure to appreciate the sacrifices of our armed forces when Congress votes to send them into harm's way."-- end quote.

Therefore, it is more than 'relevant' and 'fitting' that the individual at the very top of our nations Government and political leadership should have HIS military 'service' thoroughly and completely scrutinized and examined to determine whether or not he may exhibit the character and have the experience and qualities to "appreciate the sacrifices of our armed forces" when he makes decisions to send them into harm's way and subsequently be charged with caring for those who "have borne the battles".

James' post(s) are absolutely significant and spotlight the demonstrable applicablity and logical connection to the original 'purpose' and 'content' of the message being intended from the original post.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:40 PM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

If you would be so kind as to re-read the Thread Topic is says General Forums, Political issues are handled on another Thread.

Thank you and good night.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 11-13-2005, 12:55 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Trav

Just because a 'politician' and his military background are being discussed does NOT make this discussion "politically motivated".

Hell, the very NATURE of the original post makes it IMPOSSIBLE to NOT discuss the ramifications of 'politicians' decision making process as it relates to our Governments responsibilities to this nations Veterans for gosh sakes!

This "POST" belongs on THIS thread..................NOT the 'POLITICAL' thread!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Old 11-13-2005, 01:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Trav

Give it up. Trying to reason with Gimpy is like trying to teach a pig to whistle. You're just going to get dirty and frustrated, and he still won't know how to whistle.

PS: And he's like a lot of women - always has to get in the last word. Even when he's wrong.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 11-13-2005, 01:50 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Trav

[quote]Originally posted by SuperScout Give it up. Trying to reason with Gimpy is like trying to teach a pig to whistle. You're just going to get dirty and frustrated, and he still won't know how to whistle.

PS: And he's like a lot of women - always has to get in the last word. Even when he's wrong.[/ QUOTE]

There you go again Super!...............Making friends and influencing people to your own demise.

I'm absolutely SURE the 'women' who post and visit around here are thrilled to death with your 'assesment' of their character 'traits'!

What a fine example of masculine 'superiority' you are!

I'm SURE your other 'discriminating' characteristics will equally be as cherished by the 'women-folk' as well, ya know?

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

Old 11-13-2005, 03:53 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Well

looks like you got your 'wish' trav.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

Old 11-13-2005, 04:16 PM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Steve...it is not my wish to silence you or to censor your voice. It is my wish to keep the topics in the Thread that they belong in. If you look back, you will see I was one of the first to post to this topic and it was in support of you and what you were saying. I did not move this thread and ask no one to move it but am very happy that it has been put in the right spot.

I do not care what your politics are or who you or James or Brice think should have or could have won whatever election.

I do think you ALL should consider your posts a little more. Aren't you guys doing the exact same thing that Hanoi Jane and her followers did during your war?

I think we owe the guys and girls fighting this war a little more respect than what has been showed them thus far from their mentors, don't you?

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!