The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2005, 06:19 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

James...lighten up, nobody said they hate you or your cause. I for one am just tired of all the doom and gloom. None of us are getting out of this shit alive...Live and let live. Peace brother!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2005, 09:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Boy is everyone testy or what.

Larry....I saw it was USA Today and thought I was making a funny.

I can't picture one person on this site that hates the environment and works hard to pollute it. We like to catch our own shrimp and oysters around here and don't want to eat food that's been polluted. I can't think of a thing I do that hurts the environment that all of y'all don't do. I could even be more concious then some but I have also found that "crusaders" on all sides generally go over the top be it the environment, cigarette smoke, or politics.

Years ago I can remember the pictures of the new Ice Age and where the line of the glaciers was drawn on the US map. Now we have the global warming people. So far there has been no backed up data for any of it that is correct. Like Travis said, just sick of all the gloom and doom. Even "Silent Spring" has been found to be unproven sky is falling evironmentalism. Since the earth is a few billion years old, and we've only been keeping acurate weather stats for about a hundred years, all of it is pure theory and guesswork. We've come a long way since the industrial revolution into getting our shit cleaner and yes more needs to be done, but haven't seen a "chicken little" approach to work yet and turns off more people then brings them in. A little less histrionics in all the movements would probably help....including politics.

Now Sgt Garcia, or who ever you are, and I've got a good guess. Here is something just for you. Bite me, asshole! Jump on this! Hope I made that clear.

PACO

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 05-16-2005, 09:52 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Give the Devil his due

Some of you may know I?m not a really big fan of most Massachusetts politicians, however there are times, even in a sanitarium, when intelligent actions are taken. The state environmental protection agency has been aggressively going after large land owners who live on aquifers. They are offering to purchase not the land but to purchase an agreement that the land will not be developed, except for single family dwelling on existing road frontage. Our family owns a 219 acre farm which is on the aquifer for a reservoir that feeds Boston most all of it?s water. We haven?t sold any rights to development, (waiting for the price to go up) but at present there?s only one house on the land.

These same sort of programs are in effect for anyone with 5 or more contiguous acres on the banks of a river or on the sea coast. Unfortunately, not a lot of people own more than 5 contiguous acres. Problem there is land values, on the coast for example, they really are rather high.

The second thing Mass has done is to allow people with the five or more acres to place their land under the agriculture law. The person pays only $.10 on a dollar in property tax. However, if they change their mind and decide to develop the land they are required to pay all the back taxes before they can do anything.

These laws really are protecting wildlife, water and the environment. Now if they could just get the residents of Boston to stop throwing tea and hazardous wastes in the harbor we?d be doing good.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 05-16-2005, 12:23 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Where's Keith?...when we need him
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 05-16-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Hmmm

All this reminds me of what I thought I heard one of the bulls say before they harvested his oysters for the Testicle Festival, "Can't we all just get along?"
"No one has greater love than this; to lay down one's life for one's friends.". John 15:13
Old 05-16-2005, 03:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

i did a google search for "hood canal" "pollution" and it had 10,700 hits, many which say the Hood canal is in bad shape. this is my last word on this. I DO NOT LIVE THERE..and only posted this out of curiousity. if indeed there are thriving oyster beds there, it couldn't be too bad. sorry packo ( i know what his real name on here is ) i didnt know it was a joke....

all i have to say about all of this.

larry
Old 05-16-2005, 05:08 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post I remember when:

When I was stationed at Ft. Devens, the Nashua (I believe that was name) River flowed right through the Fort. It was so pollutted fish couldn't live in the river. The river was blueish in color and stunk terrible. We do have serious envioronmental problems in the United States that certainly need to be addressed

Having been on one Western Washington County's Planning Commission and having to work with enviromentalist I know that some environmentalist can be quite extreme and even tell lies and half-truths in their efforts to protect the enviroment. I know that alarmism sells papers so newspapers will publish just about anything to sell papers.

My guess is: there are probably some environmental problems in the Puget Sound. However, I would think from having visited the Hoods Canal area on quite a few occassions that Hood's Canal would be a less vunerable area than the Tacoma, Seattle and Olympia areas of he Sound. I haven't read any reports so this is just a guess. I usually take all this with a grain of salt but also with caution because when stationed at Ft. Devens I saw what real pollution was all about. I haven't seen that in any river in the Northwest but it could happen anywhere. We should take could care of our enviroment. Some environmentalist have done a good job of making us aware of serious problems that need to be correct. Some radical environmentalists will lie and do just about anything to protect the enviroment. However when the lies are discovered they look stupid and a tremendous distrust towards environmentalist occurrs.

Lets be nice to each other. Lets all hold hands and turn to the person on our left and then the person on our right and say, "I still care about you and respect even if you are a "radical environmentalist" or "conservative capitalist." We can all be friends here.

Keith

P.S. Hoods Canal is a place that has tremendous currents and major exchanges of water everyday which would enhance self cleaning, that's why I think its probably a little bit of environmental extremism.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:04 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

I don`t hate environmentalists...I ARE one!
What I hate is extremism.What I hate is watching friends and their families,hell-whole communities, layed to waste and ruin by radical concepts like protecting the Northern Spotted Owl,the Marbled Murelet,the Pacific Banana Slug,and the list goes on and on in adfinium.I have friends that worked their entire life to get ahead only to have it all go up in smoke,literally,when their logging equipment was torched by radical enviro-nazis.
That`s what I hate.

Peace,Griz
Old 05-16-2005, 06:18 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

What Griz said
Old 05-16-2005, 06:53 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Griz

When, not environmentalists, but rather enviro-Nazi?s want to talk about how terrible we are, I love to mention that 99% or all species that ever lived are extinct. It seems our trash probably didn?t have much to do with Raptor?s buying the farm. And how about those damn Indians who killed all the giant beaver. Wouldn?t you just love spending a weekend looking for a giant beaver?

Yes people do harm to the environment. Killing elephants for their tusks, just an example, is a real crime. But shutting down loggers who do selective cutting because of a tiny sub-species of owl or a sub-species of SLUG? Sort of sounds like someone got into the bad mushrooms again. (Besides, those spotted owl taste like crap.)

Good luck to everyone?s water and everyone?s favorite sub-species of rodent. ?You hug a tree, I?ll hug your wife.?

Stay healthy,
Andy