The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2004, 12:08 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default SuperScout

good ol' Uncle Waltie Cronkite is back for this election. He's getting paid to be on MTV

Joy

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2004, 12:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default D's Joy

MTV is to intelligent thought as deep philosophy is to a bumper sticker. So Uncle Waltie scored a gig with them? Like, wow, fer sure, dude, that is soooo cool! Not sure, but I read somewhere that the average IQ of the MTV crowd is directly proportional to their age.

Feed the hungry and house the orphans? Seems to me we're already doing a pretty good job doing just that, at least from my little section of the universe. Only hungry and homeless I see are those who choose to be that way, preferring to stand on a corner and mooch money, mostly to entertain their addictions.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 05-27-2004, 03:15 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sis :

I appreciate your kind post more than you will ever know. We are planning a trip to Wyoming one of these days to see my platoon-mate from Vietnam ( may not be until next year ) and will sure come back thru Oklahoma and see you. Once again...thank you for the post you made about the OKC tragedy. There are many parallels between that and 9/11, 'Nuf Sed.

( check your PMs )

As for the description of me...I posted it for several reasons. To see if the original poster would say anything about it. He didn't. I was also interested in other's reactions to it. About what I expected. Altho I am not a member of AA, one of my uncles was involved in the Tennessee state chapter for 15 years. He has taught me a lot about the philosophy. Some folks on here use it, but fail to follow the precepts completely. Lastly, I posted it to show that words mean things. They can hurt, and hurt deeply. I am as guilty as anyone for doing this, and will try to do better..

It is time to cease, desist, forgive, forget, and move on. Life is too short to hold grudges, be angry, frown, and scowl. I saw a show on the Natl. Geographic channel last night about impalas in Africa. The rains had come and the babies were growing up. They were beseiged by biting flies all day, but for an hour in the late afternoon the flies withdrew and the young animals leaped ( impalas can REALLY leap ) and cavorted and it occurred to me that we should, at least once a day, show that much love and appreciation, kick up our heels, and embrace this life God has granted us....darn sandstorms..

Love you all,

P.S. : any one heard from Grasshopper lately ( Sue in Canada ) ?
Old 05-27-2004, 03:17 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sis :

You have your PMs and email cut off ! I will try to rummage thru and find yours. email me first if you have time. thanks.

I have something interesting to tell you.

LarryN1121@aol.com
Old 05-27-2004, 09:42 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Larry,

I'll send you some mail from my ziplip account tomorrow. Too tired to do it tonight.Loved the story about theImpalas.I couldn't agree more.

Good to read your smile.

Peace to your heart tonight,

Sis

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 05-27-2004, 11:10 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post I have little or no use for the press,

As a local politician living near Olympia, WA I had more than my share of interviews with the Washington State Press Corp. Over the years in various venues I have had to deal with the press. Since most of my press interviews came in the 80's I have always felt that WATERGATE did us no favors. It built in a mentality within our press that there must be something sinister behind every story. So even if there is nothing there is a built in conspiracy behind everything. I just have a hard time believing much in the newspapers except the weather and sports scores. The more liberal our press has become the more conspiracies and lies about conservative politicians emerge. I hope that someday we will have a balanced and fair press.

Keith
Old 05-28-2004, 05:30 AM

Keith I think you put into the meaning I was looking for. I agree.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 05-28-2004, 08:13 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Thank you Pastor Keith. That makes a whole lot of sense to me. Sis

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."