The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2002, 12:59 PM

My belief is when a person is in a position of fame, they should be wise enough to know their indiscretions could be made public sooner or later. I think you have a greater responsibility to the youth when you are in a position of fame. Children look to famous adults for their styles and demeanor. They try to emulate their idols. Unfortunately, too many famous people do not project descent life styles. Nor should their bank statements be the deciding factor in how a crime or indiscretion is handled. Everyone should face the same legal ramifications when they have committed a crime. If your indiscretions have been made public, that's one of the prices you pay for being famous...

The Royal Family is found to be fascinating, to some people, because they were a great kingdom at one time. They are one of the last famous kingdoms in the world. They were a great kingdom because they had the ability to conquer foreign lands. However, their beliefs and immoral actions towards the conquered peoples were cruel and inhumane. They have a hateful history.

Princess Di helped turn the publics perception on the once hated kingdom. She was the light in the kingdom's darkness..

Philly
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2002, 01:48 PM

Default Kingdom?

I haven't studied the subject, but I always thought a king or queen ruled a kingdom or queendom. In Great Britain, it seems that parliament, and ultimately Tony Blair, rule the country.

In this scenario, whom is beholding to whom, and who is really on first base? :cd: I don't hear of Tony Blair consulting with the Queen on any of his decisions.

And - does the so-called Royal Family really have anything to say about Canada's government?

I don't understand, and I get so confused. But that goes with the territory in which I live.
Old 11-20-2002, 02:57 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Look out, here I come...

... driving over there I bounced between 64------72-73, as the men with the blue tops your way have no likey for New Yorkee...

...got one ticket in Ma. when returning from the cape back when it was 55, was going 65, but the ironic thing was a corvette, and a porshe went by me 2 minutes before, and they were flying , at least 100, I mean "YING,YING, as they went by my old chevelle, my girlfriend, and my dog were both asleep, and I just didn't believe they got "by" the radar, and I didn't...

...I'm sure the Queen, and their ruling members know all about what Tony Blair is doing in the name of protecting his/their portions of the free world...

...and I wish the rest of the world would turn their barstools in the uprite direction, and sit on the proper seat........

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 11-20-2002, 05:15 PM

good golly!
MolsonnXXX????? ok will try!
I like da beers!
As far as speed & driving goes... vrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooom. I usually zip along at about 110Km/hour guess that would be about 70ish not quite? hee hee. and.... knock on wood... I have never ever had a ticket.

Andy: Thank you for understanding my pride.

Philly: I couldn't agree with you more about the responsiblities of fame. Unfortunately, all mankind is human and make mistakes. The media and the wishful thinking of mere other mortals wanting to know everything must make it bvery difficult to have any kind of quality life at all. Mind you.. the $$$should help some!
I 100% agree with you about Princess Diana. I had admired her long before her untimely death. I do believe she was going to go far and teach the world many things. But it was sadly not meant to be. I grieved for a very long time.

We all know that the kingdom of the British Commonwealth is just a figurehead. But I personally like it like that.
The Govenor General of Canada represents the Queen.
We just got our own constition in 1982, I think.. can't remember.
We make our own descions here and run our own country. But as a memebr of the British Commonwealth of countries, we are still linked. I do believe that the Queen or her designate rubber stamps some things from the Senate or Parliament but I am not sure on that either.

Regardless, I am proud to be a Canadian and a British subject.
But I surely do miss Princess Diana......

SJ: pass the beer please!

Susan
Old 11-20-2002, 05:21 PM

To my thinking, a scandal's a scandal's a scandal. How far a human being will go to debase him or herself trancends borders. And it's what we all want to hear about. The news, the documentaries, the historical tomes are all packed full of it. And it sells. And the reason it sells is because it catches our interest. Once in awhile, you'll hear a story about a regular joe doing something extraordinary. But, what's the talk about at work the next day, or on the phone, or on a Forum Post? Do you hear about what (insert name here) did to ( insert name here), or do you hear about the amazing rescue that a South Dekota farmer performed on a schoolbus full of handicapped children?
I would bet on the insert name topic. It's human nature. We all have to prove we're better than the other guys somehow. And, if we can prove that our whole country is better than their whole country...so much the better!