The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2004, 03:20 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Dear Readers,

I can't take the credit awarded me by Bluehawk.

This site is owned, operated and managed by David and Bernadette. Only they should be given the credit for all thingslisted by Bernadette in her post. I have done nothing here but respect their hard work, creativity, and personal values. They do not call me on a daily basis and ask for my advice. I am no more valued as a friend than others on this site that award them the respect they deserve including any one of you thatread this post.

It is myth that I have some elevated position on this sitein regard to policy. This site was up and running and the policyformulated long beforewemade our trek out of the desertfrom the history channel to military.com to Patriotfiles.

It is myththat they see me as walkin' around with a halo on my head.

For that I am more than a little thankful. Mostly because I feel more comfortable in boots and jeans than the garb of a saint.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2004, 03:59 PM
Doc.2/47

Boots and jeans?Sounds like proper attire for a Saint to me!
Old 04-19-2004, 04:07 PM
Doc.2/47

David and Bernadette-

Please accept my heartfelt thanks for bringing PF into being and keeping it going.Without it I feel like something important and special would be missing from my life.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:04 PM

Default Bernie your right !!

The political forum is an argumentative post and causes conflict in most cases. That is why I usually just add my 2 cents as a joke and move on. Some take this election stuff pretty serious when you don't see things their way.
I appreciate you and David and your site.
Thanks and God Bless
Old 04-19-2004, 06:55 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

This site, to me, is a combination meeting place, frat house, confessional, and a nice warm home on the Internet. All my friends are here. Just as you would discuss at all those places above....everything...so it should be here...but first and foremost we should remember those they have passed on, as a result of their military service, wounds received afterwards, or later. Thanks to David and Bern for giving us this wonderful meeting place.

Larry
Old 04-20-2004, 01:55 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Keep to the mission.

Old 04-20-2004, 02:54 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Bluehawk...it seems as though you are very unhappy here. I wish that were not the case, but since it is why don't you exercise some of the options you stated above and try some of the other "cyber-friendly" sites.

Not sure I want you to continue sending derogatory PM's to me about site members. What you believe should happen with this site is just that, your believes, not the owners. This site was up and running fine before and will continue as long as David and Bern wish it to.

Bern has stated her position, abide by it or go elsewhere.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 04-20-2004, 03:43 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Who, Catman, today, could possibly be totally "happy" on a site which deals with the issues pertinent to a day such as that in which we live...

I have not ever sent a single "derogatory" PM to you (at least not intentionally).

The point I am striving to make is that it does appear that the PF site is in a time of turmoil, and that I (dare I mention) believe someone knows from where undue influence upon it, and us all, has come, willingly or not.

What I am stating is that there may be some reason why Bern's position has been stated as it was, apart from what and how it was stated. I don't know what the particulars are, or were, or will be.

What I DO know, however, is that PF threads and posts have been and are monitored, edited and deleted beyond the freedom of speech Americans expect and have died for.

Patriot Files has exceeded its original intent, as a historical place, perhaps. The issue becomes, what now.

Respectfully,

Sir Blue
Old 04-20-2004, 04:00 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Would you allow me to come to your house and preach the the word of the Devil? Would you allow me to rummage through your cabinets and closets? Would you allow me to piss on your carpet? I think not. You see when I am there I am your guest and am expected to treat your stuff and property with respect and care. When you come to this site, you are entering someone else's property. You have no say what they do with it or how they do it. Your freedom of speech ends where they say it ends. This is a privately owned site. There are two people who allow us to use their site and for the most part, allow us to post as we wish. Certain things rub them wrong and they may on occasion delete that post. That is their right as OWNERS of this site.

I am very sorry if you feel you have been treated unjustly or if outside influences are out to get you.

I was one of the first hundred or so members to this site and have never, save once (and that was last week and I am glad it happened) had a post deleted by the owners of this site.

Wish I knew what to tell you, honestly I think you are beating a dead horse. This, to include the words I now type, is their's to do with as they wish.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 04-20-2004, 04:36 PM

My thanks to bern and david for all your hard work. Job well done. If my 2 cents are worth anything- if you guys run it, moderate it, worry over it, and pay for most of it- you should be able to set the rules. Thank you.