VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Thanks for the update Nancy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2008, 12:14 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The only way to get on a computer at the VA if you are in the program is to go to the medical library and hope you don't get caught. Another way is to go to the public library with all your group. Everyone has to go together anywhere they go and it has to be voted on. The program kind of psychologically binds the group together while they are there and they don't want that loosened or the Vet won't be as liable to open himself up. It is possible to visit someone on the campus only after hours but hours end at 9:00 pm. Leaving or using alcohol or drugs gets you kicked out and they do test for it often. Those are the parameters for visitation. I know it sounds chickernshit but it WORKS.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:02 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I forgot starting the third week the guys are allowed to go home from Friday afternoon till Sunday evening. They can go anywhere if they don't go home. Once again, no substances other than lots of food. I'll check with Hal.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:52 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.2/47 View Post
This is the other half of the Keim family. Hal is doing OK. The airport story is a bit incorrect. You know Hal and his stories. The luggage was really not the problem, it seemed to be him, and his ability to handle airports. I speak to him about every other day and he seems to be doing fine. The cooperation factor on his part is a little short. he has only been there a week, maybe it will get better. He told me he is making an effort to regruit future Psyo Vets. The attire is being worn proudly, every day. He took all his T shirts and hat and wears them EVERYDAY. His last day is Wednesday, February 13th.
The group votes on an activity for Saturday and last week the group voted to go to a monster truck rally. Hal's suggestion of a drunken, sex party was not accepted!! The rally really was NOT Hal's cup of tea. He wouldn't let me get him a cell (he would lose it) and as I understand he may only have a very short time to get on a computer. If I find out anything else, or receive any horror stories of his adventures I will let youse guys know. I don't get on his computer much with school and all, but I will keep youse posted. Hal did state that he should go directly to the MTN. after this 6 weeks for a group hug!!

You guys are great.
Nancy

Mah Deah Young Thang,

It is an honor and a privilage to converse with Hals' "better half"!

Thank you for the update and PLEASE let Hal know we're all supporting his continued improvement and well being.

He obviuosly is a very fortunate man to have one such as yo-seff on his side.

Best regards and wishes for his continuing in this program.

As always ----I am Hals frand & true, blue-blooded Southerner Brother,

General "Stonewall" Rhett Gimpinski---III .....Esquire

PS------Please be VERY keerful when conversing with that rascally, Yankee scalawag "bOOger-LeeFella". He has been knoed ta do some wild & crazy thangs at times!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Last edited by Gimpy; 01-17-2008 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Add a "PS"
Old 01-17-2008, 01:08 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Hey Nancy
Warch out for that suave and de-boner Studly Doright AKA General Stonewall Gimpiniski loser of the Civil War guy.......He' just whippin some of the southern $hit on ya....

Hey Loser of the Civil War Guy
Got some bad news for ya......Nancy's a fellow New Yorker.....How'd that grab your ass

God bless the ACLU

Last edited by b3196; 01-20-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:19 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Update on your brother

Well, just got off the phone with Hal, he is doing OK. They have encounters that they go out on with 2 or 3 others and come back and the doctor asks how it went. Hal's reply is "Fine" and after several minutes with eye to eye confrontation with doctor, the doctor asks if Hal would like to expand on that comment. Hal's reply is "No". Don't know if this is a good thing or not. He also says that the personnel are a little touchy/feely which he has a problem with when he is rapidly seeking out a bathroom and they stop him. I really cannot see Hal going rapidly to anything. He did get a little rowdy yesterday over a conversation that the group was having over religion. Which I can see him getting more than rowdy about, cannot imagine him even contributing to the conversation. But he said that religion was DEFINTELY NOT going to be a topic that was going to be brought up again. This weekend the activity is going out to eat breakfast on Sunday. Hal is trying to get out of going to DC to see the Wall, which does not seen to be working out. The group is in the TRAUMA stage now with some people, NOT Hal. He told me that he misses talking to you guys online, and is having computer withdraw.
PACKO - Vicki says Hi
BOB - How's your son, did he make his decision as yet
GIMPY - Yes, I am one of those DAMN YANKEES and DAMN Proud of it
DOC FRED - Hal would love to hear from you

Hi to all out there
Nancy
Old 01-18-2008, 06:48 PM

Thanks for the information Nancy.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tina Send a message via Yahoo to Tina
Distinctions
POM 

Thanks for the update Nancy and please tell hal he is in our thoughts and prayers from Tina Joe and pearl.. we miss talkin to him too.. The best for him..
love
tina/family

To the past: Thank you for all you did for our Country..

To the future: Thank you for all you will do for our Country

To those we have lost past prestent and future: R.I.P You might be gone.BUT you will NEVER be forgotten
Old 01-19-2008, 06:12 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I talked to Hal last night before I read the above post. I really just don't know what to say other than I hope it is doing him some good..
Old 01-20-2008, 11:21 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I pray that Hal will work with the VA folks and let go of some of the stuff he is holding in. I learned a lot and overcame some real problems, by going to the North Little Rock VA in Dec -Jan, 2004 - 05 for 6 weeks.

Larry