The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Warriors Saloon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2002, 03:36 PM

Talking

O.K. My company is almost here. So, I think it's time for a drink. I don't see a bartender here....so...I'll help myself. I can't find the tall glasses, oh there's one. Ok 1 large Rum & Diet with lime. I left my money in the usual spot.
Man, that tasted good , Thanks. I'll be back later. Maybe someone will be here. HNY (happy new year)

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2002, 03:38 PM

Nang, it's on me, Happy New year girlfriend!
Old 12-31-2002, 04:06 PM

Wishing you all the best in the New Year! Love and kisses to my friends, from me and Mae. May we keep growing closer and the world keep getting smaller! Aith-bhliain Fe Nhaise Dh (See, no more French!)
Old 12-31-2002, 04:15 PM

Default Been there Done this - hope it helps

So you've been celebrating and now you feel ... well, awful, in fact. When you drink alcohol to excess, your body is unable to break it down fast enough, so it accumulates in a harmful byproduct called acetaldehyde. The liver - which has the job of detoxifying your body - is overwhelmed by dealing with this substance, and that is what creates the appalling feeling. The other main reason for a hangover is dehydration, because alcohol robs the body of water, and with this, vitamins and minerals. The only real cure for a hangover is time. But there's a lot you can do to relieve the symptoms - the headache, nausea and fatigue - so you can deal with 'the day after' as painlessly as possible.

What You Can Do

Have a large glass of grapefruit juice, and eat some honey. The grapefruit is a liver tonic, and the honey helps your body burn off the alcohol still in your system faster.

Drink bouillon. Broth made from bouillon cubes or any homemade soup broth will help replace the salt and potassium your body loses when you drink.

Replenish your water supply. Drinking plenty of water before you go to bed and again when you get up in the morning may help relieve discomfort caused by dehydration.

Take B-complex vitamins, vitamin C and zinc before drinking, and again in the morning to replace what you lose when you over indulge. Research shows your system turns to B vitamins when it is under stress - and overtaxing your body with too much booze, beer, or wine definitely qualifies as stress!

Bark back. Willow bark tablets are a natural alternative if you'd like a herbal pain reliever. It contains a form of salicylate, the active ingredient in aspirin.

Don't reach for a coffee. Caffeine is a diuretic and will rob your body of even more water and nutrients. Try a sports drink instead, to replace electrolytes and give you energy.

Sip herb tea. Chamomile and peppermint tea are good stomach settlers. Aloe vera juice neutralises excess stomach acid and soothes an irritated gastrointestinal tract.

Go for the carbohydrates. As you start to feel a bit stronger, nibble on a tiny bit of dry toast. Then graduate to light protein, like chicken breast or a soft-boiled egg. Fatty foods are the last thing you need!

Spice up your life. Ginger is one of the most effective natural remedies for nausea and indigestion. Take tablets or capsules, or as a tea.

The herbs milk thistle and dandelion may help; they are traditional liver tonics.

Activated charcoal tablets are great for getting rid of excess wind and a 'sour' stomach.

Soothe a throbbing head with an ice pack; or, soak cottonwool pads in cooled chamomile tea and place them on your eyelids.

Breathe deep. For nausea, try putting 4 drops each of lavender and sandalwood essential oils on a hanky, and inhaling the scent.

Press your luck. Try the ancient Chinese art of acupressure for nausea. Apply rapid massaging pressure to the webbing between your thumb and index finger on either hand for several minutes.

Take a swim or a brisk walk in the fresh air.

Let time heal. The best and only foolproof cure for a hangover is, of course, 24 hours. Treat your symptoms as best you can. Get a good night's sleep and the next day - hopefully - all will be forgotten.
Old 12-31-2002, 06:06 PM

Thank you for the good advice. I took my vitamin, and I'm pumping the water.

Old 12-31-2002, 06:38 PM

Happy New Year's Everyone!

Just finished watching the World cup Jr. Hockey tourney. Canada beat Finland. Now we go to the semi-finals on Friday! Don't know who we play.

Going to watch a guy-flick with the boys. I mean a rambo type one...lol

Hope you all have a safe New Year's! Don't drink & drive out there! Remember... the cops have thier 'holiday lights' on too!

Susan
Old 12-31-2002, 07:04 PM

Happy New Year to you Sue! No driving going on here. That's why the party's at my house

Old 12-31-2002, 10:04 PM

Eat a bowl of Manudo (sp) and you will feel just fine.

Happy New Year Yall and may we all be here again same time next year.

enough.............
Old 12-31-2002, 10:37 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Happy New Year one and all!!

Peace!

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 01-01-2003, 05:42 AM

Waz, if I didn't have a hangover I do now. Your list made my stomach go whoops!! HNY