The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2006, 07:00 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Let's apply the Kerry school of logic and compassionate thought thusly: "You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you'll probably end up in a welfare line, siring or birthing illegitimate children, stuck in a deadend job, committing criminal acts, or all of the above." But I guess that would offend too many of his voting constituents, then wouldn't it?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2006, 08:24 PM

Distinctions
Staff 

I would like to state that my dad (24 yrs. active duty in the Infantry) has more education than many of the Ph.D's. teaching those students. I would bet (and win) that most enlistees and NCO's have more education in them than they are given credit for. There is more to education than the classroom and veterans and active duty folks have a special kind of education that you can't find anywhere else.

Guys, I am a graduate student in history working on my MA and you are all very educated in my book and smart about a lot of things. If I had my way every vet would get a degree based on how much experience you had in the military that would be worth the same if not more than a civilian degree. I am sick and tired of people telling veterans that they can't do this job or that because they don't have a degree. I'm sorry, but those stripes on your sleeve or those shiny bars, oak leaves, birds, or stars on your shoulders are your degree, you earned them through hard work, but much different (and harder, more dangerous) work, just like I earned my BA. Veterans need to be given more credit for what they do in the civilian world. John Kerry should be ashamed of himself and should not only apologize to the nation, but should send EVERY veteran a PERSONALIZED letter of apology.

President Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Civil War History
Military History Blog
Frontier Battles
5th Minnesota Infantry, Company D

Old 11-01-2006, 01:48 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

This is the same guy that said I was raping women and murdering children in Vietnam....something to the effect of Ghenkis Khan, before a Congressional committee. We have had to live that down for years because America believed the young Yale grad Officer with all the Medals. Now he says only the stupid are going to Iraq.....then denies he said it and offers just about the lamest excuse I've ever heard, that doesn't even connect in anyway to what he said.

Covan, he's not going to answer nor read your email. He didn't even respond to Andy when the VA cut his disability from 100% to 30. Of course Andy's other great Senator, Teddy Kennedy, didn't bother to respond either. I had to get Sen Rockefeller involved.

This man is a total piece of crap. Can't wait to ask my Iraqi Vets what they think of this.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 11-01-2006, 05:48 AM

Kerry is talking to Don Imus at present on MSNBC on cable if anyone is interested in hearing what he has to say. Time now 7:58 CST
"I Have Not Come To Bring Peace, I Have Come With The Sword". Jesus Christ.....Matthew 10:34
Old 11-01-2006, 05:54 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Kerry: the giver of the gift that keeps on giving. Every time he opens his mouth, the GOP gets another 100 votes, minimum.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 11-01-2006, 07:43 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Tiz the ubiquitous TJ trying to catch a wave or what? Or maybe he?s dancin with what brung him in the first place, eh. This bit of business isn?t a long toss from ?score high or die? of yesteryear and marginalizing the troops is always the second or third arrow out of his highly challenged and generically vacant quiver.
Then perhaps a silver spoon Massachusetts?s elitist that never had to beat the bushes for tuition funding is the wrong person to talk down those walking the difficult path. Ay yi, yi, smacks of ?Let them eat gruel?. Alas, cake is a bit pricy for the unwashed masses, especially non-Ivy leaguers, ay sus, so there must be a scale of economy, right.

But no doubt that once again there has been a misunderstanding or clerical error as that is always the arrow that follows the second or third arrow.
Perhaps someone needs to wise TJ up and let him know that our Services have come a long way from wind-up rubber band Spads, 03 Springfield?s n? Iron Mikes.

Ayup, lots of way fine techies at all pay grades and fields these days and I really don?t think they got their education from the a box of shredded wheat cereal, no I don?t think so. Few weeks back, was business confabing with a shipboard crew about Pratt aero derivative gas turbines propulsion systems used on contemporary Destroyers. Them Sailor Lad?s and Lasses, :ek: ,know their GT control system stuff, boy howdy.

Made this sea dog barnacle smile. But that bit of a French braid pony tail coming from under the hard hat was a bit distracting, I mean really, a pretty lass 2nd class PO Machinest Mate in overalls down in a USN Destroyer engine space is just something one doesn?t see everyday, but I?ll get over it.

Scamp
Old 11-01-2006, 09:14 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Heard enough from Kerry, don't need to listen to any more polictical bravo sierra, you hear enough of that every day to want to hear more. Screw Kerry (as a politican) and all other Politicans.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 11-01-2006, 10:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default The Troops have spoken!

Check out the attached link:

http://www.620wtmj.com/images/upload...1101105508.JPG

Old 11-01-2006, 10:34 AM

SuperScout.......Must not have any Southern boys in that bunch because if there were, they would have spelled "help" HEP, like in "somebody hep me please"
"I Have Not Come To Bring Peace, I Have Come With The Sword". Jesus Christ.....Matthew 10:34
Old 11-01-2006, 10:49 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Ya gotta love em!! We should all have such a sense of humor smack dab in the middle of trouble givin' the folks at home somethin' to laugh about. God Bless their hearts!!!

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."