The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2002, 04:58 AM

Australian defence security experts warned of specific terrorist risks against Australians in Bali more than six weeks before last Saturday's bombing. A national classified e-mail written by a Defence Department security adviser in August said intelligence warnings indicated Bali and Australian citizens were in danger of possible attack.

Despite this, Australian travellers were only told of generalised threats to western interests in Indonesia prior to the October 12 bombing of the Sari Club in Bali.

Defence Security Authority principal security adviser Keith Wilson wrote an e-mail alerting military staff in Victoria and Tasmania flying to Indonesia on August 27.

"A number of personnel have advised me of their intention to travel to Indonesia," Mr Wilson wrote. "Bali was specifically raised as a common destination by many. "Current intel. suggests that a heightened state of alert exists in Western interests, with Australian citizens among the intended targets. The assessment, however, is fragmented, uncorroborated and of unknown credibility. What raises the level of concern is the apparent higher number of reports."

Prime Minister John Howard has ordered a review of intelligence reports before the Bali attack, which killed more than 180 including up to 114 Australians. Foreign Affairs Minister Alexander Downer has denied Australia received specific intelligence warnings about Bali. But Mr Howard later conceded Australia had received a US intelligence report stipulating Bali as a risk.

It will be interesting to see who the scape-goat is and how he/she is led to slaughter.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2002, 09:28 AM

This was a horrible act of terrorism against innocent people. To kill for no real cause except to terrorize a people or society is dispicable. My thoughts and prayers go out to those families who have lost so big in this tragedy.

I'm thinking, I could be wrong, terrorism isn't going to be easily snuffed. We witnessed it last year first hand in New York. We've seen acts of terrorism in Ireland and England. We've seen it in Jerusalem. All around the world terrorists are killing innocent people. Is it really in the name of Islam? I think not. These people are cold blooded killers who align themselves with radical groups. They influence or brain wash these groups into believing they have a cause to fight or terrorize a body of people who do not share their same beliefs.

Acts of terrorism, such as what we've witnessed throughout the world is easy to carry out. You could kill a large number of people in one horrific act of using a car bomb or an airplane. They don't need to spend millions of dollars in Military arms going to war with other countries. They are killing large #'s of people with very little financial cost. What's the message they are trying to convey to the world through these acts? It isn't really in the name Islam. It's control and bringing terror into the lives of the innocent.

How do we stop acts of terrorism? I'm afraid it will not be easily accomplished...
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote