The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2007, 03:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Chris
If you're now reading this thread.....the derogatory posts that generated the ill feelings were deleted by the author of those posts
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2007, 06:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

" Why is that right?

Either stand behind what you write or don't write."

I didn't post that as a "right" issue, just pointed out that anyone can "delete" their posts by editing them.

Larry
Old 04-12-2007, 06:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

Quote:
Originally posted by MORTARDUDE " Why is that right? Either stand behind what you write or don't write."
I didn't post that as a "right" issue, just pointed out that anyone can "delete" their posts by editing them. Larry

Larry, I couldn't agree with you more! It's not right, without the original thread posts it's hard to follow the message. Most of it makes little sense without the counter point posts! As for myself I felt a bit offended when my time in the Navy and what I saw and recalled were questioned. I offered what I felt was needed information and because I couldn't back it up to the person who started the thread it was dismissed by him as not being correct or factual. On the other hand what he had posted was to be the only facts allowed, the so called Master Chief he got his information from was the only source he'd believe.
Editing a post is one thing, correcting spelling, adding a missed word, things along those lines. But when you can edit a post to the point of deleting it, that's just doesn't cut it with me!
Seems the thread starter was slammed with facts and couldn't handle the fact that was he had stated was wrong.
Well, "he" hasn't been around lately after "editing" some of his other posts too. I hope he has a chance to cool down, and know that we're not here to hurt him or piss him off. Maybe after some thought on his part he'll come back and join us again?

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Old 04-12-2007, 07:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

Quote:
Originally posted by sn-e3 I wish all you guys would grow up. we are all brother in arms lets not fight in family other people read these posts and I wonder what they think of us. My guess is they think we are a bunch of OLD bickering fools.
Seems there is always someone willing to throw gas on a dieing fire. So in this case, I'll splash some on! If "39" had not deleted his posts, this thread would make a lot more sense. Has it gotten to the point where it's be carried away, yes! Brothers in Arms do not ridicule some one else's time served in the Military, questioning another's posts is one thing, down right dismissing as non factual is an other issue. (Yes, there are cases when one might question some one's statements about their time in the service. Normally that's done to confirm some outrageous fact, story or medal some one claims to have been awarded. That was not the case with this thread.)
I served in the US Navy, on board the Air Craft Carrier Independence for 3 1/2 years. I was in the Air Department, and more then just casually familiar with the equipment used to record air craft landings and launches. I've seen the movie "Trial by Fire" a number of times, from Boot Camp till my final days in the Navy as a Training Petty Officer. That gives me some first hand knowledge. I've been on a flight deck while air craft have taken off and landed, I was involved with spotting aircraft for launch and recovery cycles. That gives me first hand knowledge.
When questioned about his ("39") time in the military, he came back with a smart ass answer about killing the Yellow Man. Hell, I don't care if he was in the rear with the gear, just answer the question truthfully and with as much detail as was asked of me.
"Bickering Fools", OK, I'll go along with that to an extent. But we never got the answers to questions we asked, we were only further questioned and asked for "Official Navy Seals" on anything we submitted.
By the way if some one has something to add to this post or has some other comment, they are more than welcome to post it here.
Such as what you did SN-E3.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Old 04-12-2007, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by covan sn-e3,
Have grown up and learned not to take BS lying down. Will call it when I see it. Other folks who visit should not be allowed to let unsubstantiated posts stand unchallenged.
As far as bothers in arms goes, I do not see a brother in arms after what 39 had pulled on me. He has NO, ZERO, credibility.
YMMV
Not letting it drop from here.
Eerrr, Roger that, there Covan, the Sparrow Hawk has your wing.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:15 PM

Thanks, Sparrow Hawk.

Thanks, too, for your personal input on this topic. You "been there and done that."
Old 04-12-2007, 01:41 PM

Larry,

I asked why it was "right" to be able to delete one's posts. I don't question whether someone has "the right" or ability to delete posts.

I am arguing "right" from "wrong". I do not believe it is right to have the ability to delete posts once posted. It is wrong.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Once again, I will try to explain.

The topic of deleting posts came up.

I merely pointed out that everyone has the ability to "delete" a post by using edit mode to wipe it all out and substitute anything u like ( " ------" for example )

the "post" place holder will still be there, but the original content will be gone.

I posted that as an observation only. If anyone chooses to do it, it is up to them.

It appears Ron got David to physically delete all his posts.

As I said, some years ago, we "all" had the full "delete" capability.
It was removed because, if someone got a burr up their ass, they could delete their original post, only, that started the thread in question, and wipe out the rest of the thread completely.

Hope this is clear.

Larry
Old 04-13-2007, 03:11 PM

For those of you unaware of it, a poster by the handle "splummer" asked in the Vietnam section of this site, "Where's Ron?' Well, Ron showed up on the thread after some answered. Ron is still up to his grouchy, foul mouth self, threating harm and dismemberment to all who doubt his mighty carved in stone answers! I have stopped replying to the Vietnam Section of this site as I don't feel this discussion/ argument/ fight/ babble, belongs there out of respect for our Vietnam Vets. But I'll cut and paste and Quote dear sweet Ronnie pooh posts so they can't be made to vanish by the magic of whining.

From the Other Tread
SparrowHawk62
Proud Navy Veteran!

To all of the offended (Frisco Kid, Keith), I'm sorry. This (Vietnam Section) wasn't the place to continue this nonsense.
I felt some of us were still under fire, and had to return it.
I will not continue to reply here at this thread.
Post #35

[quote]Originally posted by 39mto39g I'm right hear.
Some of you don't like your OPINION questioned, and I could give a s... .... - about anyones feelings or if they think they are special in some way, So I questioned there opinion and a few don't like me giving my opinion and I could give a s... .... - about that either.

Wasn't a matter of you questioning what was said, rather it was that you implied the information some of us were providing wasn't truthful and we had no way to back it up!

I asked dave and I asked Bern both to close those two threads and they didn't, I then Informed them that some of the jerks on this site say s... .... - to me hiding behind a computer screen, cause if they would ever say s... .... - to my face it would most likely be the last time they said S... .... -. I asked dave again to close the thread or I would delete my post. He did not , so I did. I told Dave I wasn't going to delete any Threads any more and those two certainly deserve deleting, I just deleted what I said. You jerks can keep your crap on Daves site for eternity for all I care.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah! Idle threats either way you look at it doesn't make someone more correct than the other person. What was the reason to lock either thread? Was it because you were questioned, or no one liked or agreed with your opinions? Kind of half ass way to solve anything!

I did receive a Large manila envelope from the Department of Navy , Marked "Official Documents enclosed" I didn't even open it, I threw it in the fireplace.

You expect any of us to believe this? You had the proof you so madly wanted, and you tossed it out? Come friggen on!

I could give a s.... .. - about that boat or it's crew, or Johnny boy, I put that thread up to discuss it, because there are so many different variations of what took place. But some of you, instead of discussing the topic, tried to belittle what I said, I did say tried, because what some of you say on this site means about as much as a pile of horse s.... .. -.

This statement that you have repeated over and over again is enough to piss off any Flat Top Squid! Maybe you didn't care about your command or the guys around you, while I was on a Carrier, the crew gave a dam about the boat and their shipmates! There aren't different variations, there was your BS tale about McCain firing the rocket and causing the fire, this simply isn't true! Your making your judgment of others while neck deep in Horse Shi#!

You Know, When I was a PVT in the Army, a Bird COL was doing an inspection and he stood in front of me and asked me "Hows it going" And I said, Fine, whats up with you.
He meant nothing to me, Matter of fact I didn't consider him my equal, He just made more money than I did.

Yeah, he we go again with the tough guy act. Sure you said that, prove it, that's what you were asking others to do! And by the way he wasn't your equal, he was a Superior Officer, and he was due the respect of that rank if not the person himself.

Some people think there opinion is more important than others, I , Again , Could give a s.... .. -.
Threads are put up on this site for discussion, some think that is an opportunity to belittle or call names and not discuss, To those I Usually give a big old F_U, cause I could give a s.... .. - about them and some day, some time, we will meet and then I would Like to hear their smart a... ... remarks, Just one time, PLEASE. Ron[quote]

No, I don't think my opinion is any more important than yours. You don't seem to ever want to hear the others guys opinion nor can you accept that someone may have a different opinion than your own. Here's a great big F U right back at you pal! Ok, killer, if and when our paths ever do cross I'll be ready! For the record I could care less than you ever have about your time in the service, your unit, what you did when, but it's good to know there was some one to bring up the rear!

Old 04-13-2007, 03:27 PM

Here again is the witless wonders reply, please notice that not a single question I asked was answered.

"SK
With no one else in my life do I have to write down crap to people , I don't f..-cken care about your opinion or your choice or color for type, Don't care about the boat or the people or your opinion about pissing off any Flat Top Squid, Don't care about no Squid or there opinions. I don't know how to make that any clearer.
If we were standing face to face I wouldn't say a word to you , just a big old spit right on your shoe."

I think the SK was meant to be SH? Since some of us can use the fairly simple options here that are available for us all to use, I wonder if good ole Ronnie nos they're isa spel chec hear he cood use?
Spitting on my shoe would only force me to shine it with his shirt, wither he was still in it or not.