The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2002, 04:13 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Post Circumventing One's Own Laws?

What happens to a nation when any law enforcement agency sidesteps the very laws that they are sworn to protect and uphold? An FBI internal memo has astoundingly detailed not only numerous errors within the Agency, but indeed, even reportedly illegal spying, according to the Associated Press!?

This brings into play an interesting and disturbing scenario. With foreign and [reportedly] domestic terrorists playing by nobody?s rules, save for their own, "how far should our own intelligence and spy communities go to protect national security?" And when is that ?Line of Reason and Judgment? crossed or obliterated, pointing us in the irreversible direction of a solemn police state?

The Associated Press has outlined some 15 errors undertaken by the ?Federal Bureau of Investigation? in just the first three months of the year 2000! This was about 18 months before that ?Second Day The Will Live On In Infamy [9/11/01]! And naturally, the lawmakers who [finally] reviewed the Bureau?s alleged miscues, have professed utter surprise over these belated revelations!? But was it really all that surprising, or was it a collective: ?Gee, I fell asleep at the switch-ism?? WE MAY NEVER KNOW FOR SURE!? I do hope, however, that valuable lessons were learned, as God knows, the cost was tragic, and the FBI is indeed a truly valuable National Asset!

?Unauthorized Searches and Illegal Wire-Taps? are hardly the stuff of Americanism. But according to news sources, they were becoming ever more prevalent, and this was apparently seconded by an ?Ultra Secretive Court? that oversees such matters. A Court, I might add, that few knew even existed prior to 9/11!!

If this accusation of illegal spying is indeed true [?], then rights were truly violated! But again, a critical and pressing question should and must be answered:

?HOW FAR ARE WE PREPARED TO GO TO INSURE OUR ULTIMATE SAFETY?!? Or could it possibly be that some of the actions outlined above could have the exact opposite effect [?], and lead to the eventual cessation of other Constitutionally Guaranteed Rights? ?Hell if I know?, as only time can relate for sure if we have [in fact] been violated from both sides? And let us sincerely hope that any prescribed cures that we may undertake are not as damaging to our democratic health, as is the disease itself, ?for even good intentions can sometimes go astray!?

?God Bless and Protect America!!?

VERITAS
Old 10-10-2002, 11:49 PM

"The end justifies the means"

I've never been an advocate of that proverb - but I do believe in unlawful acts for the purpose of gaining intelligence. The problem the intelligence gathers have is that they don't know what to do with it when the get it. For example, information is acquired through an illegal telephone intercept. You'll never get a conviction in court so why say anything about it. Use the information to then set up a process to gather the evidence legally. If a journalist uncovers the illegality and they usually do because they are not 'do gooders' or 'politically correct advocates', they are just doing what they get paid for to the best of their ability. Bless their little souls. The way forward is not to sit on the information but rather leak it to the media and let the media follow it up before they find the illegal phone tap. In that way they become conspiritors and wont admit anything by taking the 5th and protecting their sources. Does that make sense?

What do you think?

I believe the Government does it all the time over here.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 05:24 AM

Hardcore,

We have to do what you say but I worry about a police state attitude being implemented. More and more we drifting to one side over the other and I hope our system can upright those who take advantage of such things.

Right now the whole thing is a mess more and more of our people are concerned that we are loosing control over the situation. In fact they are scared.

The CIA and FBI have been subjected to cuts and turncoats who've damaged their creditability. District supervisor's are reacting and not implenting corrective procedures to counter the threats.

We have fix things not just treat them. I don't know what the answers are and I can only hope those in power who can make those decisions do the right thing.

The disruption to our social economy is currently adding to the distrust in our country. Lately whats there to feel good about?
Layoffs and unemployment are factors we hear everday. You hear about the dirt bags who've been skimming dollars from their supporters. Yes things are a mess.

Right now we are all worried about the threat of war and terrorist. But we are dying from the inside out not from the outside in. We've got to drop back and kind of review all the facts and I don't think we are doing that.

Fly The Flag

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 10-11-2002, 09:18 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HARDCORE

Very good points My Friend,...as usual. Plus, what gets my hackles-up more so than most other absurdities here, is what you refer to as: "Guaranteed Constitutional Rights".

A couple of paragraphs from the latest politically-incorrect and/or non-printable piece I'm working on might help explain where I'm-coming-from. Theoretically (change my mind often) it will be entitled: SURVIVAL (or not)??

Paragraphs:

"Besides, only morons could honestly believe that Our Forefathers penned Our Constitution to PROTECT & SAFEGUARD: 'The Inaliable Rights' OF EVERYONE ON EARTH (foreign enemies inclusive)".

Skip paragraph about: "MASS-TARGET & MASS-MURDER" tie-in.

"The absurdity of it all aside, think about this also. If both historically and presently America's Youth and/or: 'America's Finest' (re. The U.S. Miliary) ARE STRIPPED of all their Constitutional Rights upon volunteering (drafted also) for The Military, and then become subject solely to The U.S. Uniform Code of Military Justice,...what's the point of treating foreign mass-murdering scum (traitors also) infinitely better? Such preferential treatment of America's enemies makes no sense whatsoever,...even by our absurd politically-correct standards".

Think I made my points, Old Buddy?

Neil
Old 10-11-2002, 09:51 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up WAZZA, BOATS, RECON et al

Friends, What more can I say? You said it all far better than I ever could!!