The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2003, 10:29 PM

I stopped by there for shits and grins. If ya spend a little time gettin' familiar with the posters, I'd think it would be easy to scrap most of their arguments. Thing is, I'd try to be ultra civilized with them and see if they get the idea that maybe some of their reponses are childish bullshit. America is the problem. America must do what it can to keep the rest of the world in check? All of their thinkiing revolves around America and what a bad governemtn and people we are. The thinking is easy to refute, unless ya just wanna have fun and get 'em wound up. They're easy targets!

The other thing I'd do is to just post, with out explanation, the communist manifesto and see how they react. I think I'll do that...in about 48 hours.

Some of them think they understand everything about America after having lived in New York or L.A and others brag on knowing about America because they have friends, fellow Brits, living here. From the context, most of those friends are living in LA or Frisco.

Another poster claimed that the rest of us were red necks and just said whatever Bush wanted us to say. Yep. This oughta be fun...til they boot me.
Old 05-28-2003, 06:20 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Good luck Bones and happy hunting! Damn place still will not let me register.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 07:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default consider..

that most of these yos-yos either 1) do not really believe the drivel that they post, 2) only do it to get our goat, 3) or are so naive and stupid, that if they do believe it..there ain't no way on God's Green Earth you are going to convince them else ways...

Most of the college age kids have been brainwashed by the leftist-university-tenured-hippie-rejects from the 60s and 70s who avoided Vietnam by playing the system...( it is OK to play the system..I did it for 2 1/2 years, but to besmirch our contribution is near traitorous in my view )

They have also been heavily influenced by the news media and the Hollywood fantasy-factory...( Exhibit : "Platoon", "Apocalypse Now", "The Deer Hunter"... etc. etc.. )

Altho playing in their pool is fun sometimes..it is mostly an exercise in futility...I much prefer discussing such weighty subjects in the semi-privacy of my home away from home here
and see if we can agree on some common issues...I am
really proud of the recent discourse and the contributions by judy, razz, lady C and others....contrast this with insane-psycho-babble on the other sites.....no contest...

It always amazes me, that if you ask some of theses dunces if they have ever been in a foreign country, have ever talked to a war-refugee from a foreign country, have ever talked in depth to a combat veteran, or any veteran from a foreign war for that matter, or have ever worked for the Peace Corps or similar..you always get either no answer or sarcasm....no my idea of fun any more..but if you like it that is OK by me..

Larry
Old 05-28-2003, 09:34 AM

I've been over there since the link was put up here. They definitly have some "different" ideas.

The recnet bannings, I think, are reactionary. The members and mods look at most of us as trolls and hit the ban switch before really giving anyone a chance. Too bad IMO, since they will never get the discussion they claim to be longing for. I'm still in good graces ... at least we're all being civil to one another.

I'll let ya all know how it goes ... if you're interested.

The Old Sarge
Old 05-31-2003, 05:51 PM

Default OK. Let me know how I did!!!

http://urban75.net/vbulletin/showthr...threadid=43850

Old Sarge did a stand up job and kept them distracted while I did my best to work them over!

They've left that thread alone fer awhile now. I figure they're lickin' their wounds and tryin' to plan a counter attack.
Old 06-01-2003, 11:08 AM

Old Sarge,
Great job. Much better than my tirade on the issue.
But, I was rather insensate at the whole thing and decided to throw hand grenades, (in typical Grunt fassion), and take out anything that was there.