The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2003, 11:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

One thought for ya Philly. Those Rangers choppered right into ground zero of the Adid headquarters, stronghold and neighborhood. That place was pure Little Big Horn, Il Drang Valley and the Alamo all rolled into one before the first Black Hawk even had it?s engine warmed up. Somewhat tipped-off about the coming raid, all the Adid fanatics of all genders and ages turned out to do battle and just went for it, big time. Beyond the one or so square mile area of the mega hostile Bakara Market and Olympic Hotel, the scene was quite different and it is my understanding that the Somalis were more curious and helpful than hostile. But the more positive picture was from my sources in next-door Ethiopia, for whatever that?s worth.

So I would guess that the documentary you saw focused on the Adid fanatics and their group-gone-berserk dynamics. And this may or may not represent the disposition and conduct of the Somali population as a whole. When and if the usual Horn of Africa perpetual hostilities take a time-out, a clearer picture might emerge, we?ll see. I?m just real happy we don?t feel compelled to join in the flail anymore and sincerely hope we take a non-participation attitude toward all African civil war situations, forevermore. If nothing else, I hope the Somali ?Operation Restore Hope? taught us that the dragon can and will win even against our best if we are not very prudent, careful and smart. And that includes the Administration PC nitwits that so horribly misused and compromised our military skills and capability during that operation. But I doubt they learned didly and would go ahead and get our troops all wrapped around the PC axel again. Scary bunch for sure, for sure.

Your point about getting the bang for our tax buck is well taken and I absolutely agree with that. That $15 billion going to Africa for STD relief or whatever would almost get California out of the pawn shop, almost. If that happened, then ya?ll could come on over and fill up our slot machines again, LOL.

Scamp
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2003, 12:59 PM

Thanks Scamp.

I have been enlightened by your's and Keith's experiences and views. Thank you both for helping to open my mind on this subject.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post What Africa Needs

Is not only political stability, and a stop to aids but more practical help in how to develop agriculture. Irrigation, fertilization, conservation practices in plowing and tilling the soil. The resources are there. But, they need practical advice. Areas were practical agriculture advice has been taught has transformed that area of Africa.

When you leave the major coastal cities in Africa, you go back 2,000 years. No electicity, No running water, no tractors or gas operated vehicles. Families live on farming maybe 5 acres or less.

In Senegal we visited large French run agriculture operations. Thousands of acres of peanuts and truck farming crops that were being shipped to Europe. But, the French and not the locals were profitting from the operation. The Dutch take their gold and diamonds, the Europeans have just raped the natural resources of Africa. Of course, here we go again, if it weren't for tribalism most of that wouldn't have happened.

Keith
Old 05-29-2003, 01:45 PM

Thumbs up

Great info. Keith.
Old 05-30-2003, 06:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Philly,
My views come from a bias and experiences that are possibly different from Keith?s but I think we have arrived at the same or similar conclusion. Tribalism limits human possibilities to a small and confined world that is easily exploitable and that is the saga of sub-Sahara Africa. We don?t have to look very far to see that we have some of the same malignancy right here in the USA. We don?t use the term ?tribe? but if we look closely at the street gang cultures that are ripping-off and exploiting a lot of our urban population, it all starts to look a lot like the norm in Africa. If I stand back 50 yards and squint, I can?t tell the difference between US street gangs and the tin pot dictator tribal goons that are robbing Africa of it?s legacy and future.

Scamp