The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2022, 12:39 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Clearing One's Mind Of The Fogs Of Morpheus

7-15-2022

Clear your own mind of the fogs (sleep) of ‘Morpheus’, then rise thee anew, place one foot before the other, and prepare to greet a brand new dawn - if not with a smile upon your aging and trembling lips, then at least with the knowledge that, with the rising of today’s “Flickering Sun”, also comes the dawning of new possibilities to make the same old mistakes, but with a brand-new twist!

And this, at least until that time arrives when old-age itself, and your ever-increasing mileage, puts an abrupt and instantaneous end to those dreams that have arisen out of your often misplaced trust and aspirations of earthly glory?

And as you once again, rise to your arthritic-feet, sweep away the fog of nightly-unconsciousness and prepare anew, to greet the rising sun with a new enthusiasm of better things to come, always remember that - even though life is indeed short in its decreasing span: “Hope, And One’s Own Irascible Mentality, Doth Indeed – Spring Eternal!”

Hardcore
Old 07-15-2022, 04:25 PM

Unhappy If that were only true

HC - I went to the VFW and had ~ four beers - now I can hit the sac and tomorrow will be a new day.
Though the military memories at times - come back - it not like a chalk board where you can erase your
demon's. Some like me carriage baggage and other times it just fades abit - and then comesback.
Everyone has issues. Some more than other's. Yet though we want to eliminate them all - but a few
keep creeping back at times from way back in our head.
-
The so-called baggage is always there - no matter how hard you try - it's always there.
-
Nothing - I can't deal with - two or three beers helps every now and then. But too much solitude - or not
enough sleep - or problems with the family - some times brings those little devils back to life.
-
The mind is powerful tool - it can make or break you. But once you've figured out that
certain things trigger those events - you try to stay clear of those little devils - in our heads.
-
Don't worry I'm not nuts - it depends on ones experience in life - and to talk about it doesn't remove the issues
- rather it gets buried - for a short time and then it may return? Ignoring those feelings isn't easy - except
that every now and then - your mind goes elsewhere for some reason. They say people who live in the past
live in a world of their own. And yes - this is partially true.
-
It seem's many us have had some bad shit happened in our life times. I've experience being shot in the back
- trauma on occasion from other issues. At times it may trigger a mental response. Not all have this happen -
all the time - nor will I volunteer information to the VA - as I've dealt with for many decades.
-
Stress & not enough sleep - are key triggers in the head - it doesn't have time to recoup from daily stress's.
[We are all different] and as we age - at times the brain pulls old crap out - that you haven't thought about in
decades.
-
It doesn't totally go away - and No - I'm not dangerous - nor do I need meds - the meds only make you worse.
I've seen the face death it's not what you or I think. No devil jumps up and out - but rather the vision of
death shows - on the face on the dying. Thats the picture that stays with you all your remaining days.
-
This is the only way I can express this prior situation - I hope you & others understand?
-
For folks like us - it will always be there - but they say time heals all - flashes of yesterday are
common - or normal in many ways. The same applies as if you see someone shot - or hit by a car.
-
Don't worry about me Bud - I'm fine - believe me. I just want others to know that they
are not alone - and they will learn how deal with these flashbacks. As long as they
don't try to hurt themselve in the process - that's a major problem - and if so - they
then need to seek immediate medical help!
-
The should of - could of - is always present in tragic moments. At first you don't believe
what you've seen and your head blocks it out - but in reality the expression of shit happens
does come to life.

As far as those looking for glory - I don't know of anyone - who was ever look'en for
glory - far from it! You may wish you were elsewhere - but shit happens when we
least expect it - and therefore we have to live with it. It was so sudden and out of
nowhere - bang it was over - that quick. I suspect he never knew what hit him
almost like a mercy killing. Still the shock doesn't register at first. The pilot shut
down the aircraft and said he wasn't flying anymore today. One of the props
was damaged and a jet aircraft behind him had sucked up some body parts into
his intake and fowled the turbine blades - and blood was running out of his forward
landing gear. It was not pretty it was God Awful - the kid never knew - what hit
him. Thank God & everyone who witness the incident - had to file a report.
That's about all I can recall.
-

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote