The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2002, 09:10 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question A Little Clarification Please?

What would have happened had Japan or Germany in 1945, defied the terms of their surrender? ?Well apparently, Iraq is doing just that!??

Another question that I have heard repeated several times is: ?How many people within this nation (Iraq) really know that they lost (in spades) Gulf War I?? From what I have heard, Hussein has many of his people convinced that they emerged the victors in 1991? And yet, Saadoun Hamadi (Iraqi Parliament Speaker) said, and I quote: ?The resolution (#1441) was stacked with ill intention, falsehood, lies and dishonesty!? Talk about the pot calling the kettle warped!! ?Heir Sadman Whozits? has continuously ignored the Coalition, and part of this is our own fault! After all, in what past wars have you ever observed the loser, especially an aggressor-loser, attempting to dictate to those who kicked his ass!

President Bush has avowed that he will commit the full force of U.S. power should Hussein not disarm pronto! England too, has promised to exact a terrible vengeance if Saddam don?t wise up, but why is it that we are having to fight the same war twice, against a jerk that should have been drawn and quartered over a decade ago! But this is spilled milk, and the United States is not known for repeating the same mistake twice (I hope)?!

Well, again, this is all academic, but as I said in a previous piece, should Iraq use weapons of mass destruction against the coalition or it?s neighbors, then the UN had better shut the hell up when the United States takes a lesson out of old William T. Sherman?s book of tactics - TOTAL WAR!

What in the hell is wrong with Hussein and some of our wishy-washy allies in the United Nations anyway? Do they really think that this is a game, or that the United States is kidding! ?And just where will you be Hussein when the bombs start falling!?? Certainly not on the front lines, and the people whom you expect to die for you know it too!!!! I do, however, understand that there is a good hiding place (or what is left of it) under the Chancellery in Berlin. ?Maybe its for rent!??

VERITAS

Old 11-13-2002, 11:35 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Saddam did declare a great ?moral? victory at the close of the Gulf War and there was much cheering and rejoicing that the US was ?taught a lesson?. That was all theater, comic opera and a sugar tit for the people of Iraq. Through ensuing times, of course all ills within Iraq are put on the US plate and we can expect at least the majority of the Iraqi population buys into that fairy tale. The lion?s share of the area media ramrod muzzle loads that rhetoric on a daily basis so we can expect that the usual Joe Arab accepts that situation as a reality, not as a convenient Saddam contrivance and self-serving historical revisionism. Given all that, Saddam?s next ?victory? is going to be more stunning than the last. But then, he just may not be around to beat his own pots and pans again and will become a legion not unlike Hitler, Stalin, John Wesley Harden, Billy the Kid or any number of psychopaths that seem to acquire dedicated groupie fan clubs.

We?ll see what happens next but I suspect that push will come to shove and one of the first things to go afoul for Saddam will be that his internal security forces; under his Son, will vanish and right behind them will be the ?in crowd? that has stolen $ millions and millions from Iraq and stashed away in Swiss or Caribbean banks. Then we?ll see a big bunch of anarchy and instability, as there are many, many axe?s to grind with Saddam and his Baath Party. Maybe the Republican Guard will hang in for a while but the average untrained, under armed, under equipped and unfed Iraqi troop is just going to go on home, same as last time. The big question is if Saddam will unleash his chem. or bio weapons. I sincerely hope not for if he does, Iraqi innocents will end up being the primary victims, one more time. If that happens, we?ll have a generation of Iraqi people that are very biased and inclined to externalize everything and we?ll have the next round of trouble for a long, long time to come. But it seems we have a choice of bad breath or no breath at all in this instance. Hell of a choice, I?d say.

Scamp
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote