The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2004, 03:08 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Back on Target

To repeat the obvious, and what Packy said, there is not one federal, state, county or burg department or agency that gets all the money it wants or needs. Never has, never will. The whiners keep whining, the doers keep making do with what they have, and working harder to get more next time the basket passes by.

If any Libertarian, Martian, or pseudo-impregnated alien thinks that a liberal if going to provide for a better national defense, then I suggest that their helmet is on way too tightly.

Sir Scamp: roger your description of the sound/effect of a .30 calibre round smacking into approximately 5/16" of armor plate! I was sitting in the TC (track commander's) hatch one night, pulling my 2 hours of peering through the Starlite Scope when one of Chuck's AK-47 rounds hit the cupola around me. It landed about 3" from the top, and any further might have really caused me to bleed more profusely. Worst pain of all was a sliver into the left eyeball, which didn't get extracted until the next morning. It felt like it was 1" in diameter, and about 3" long, but when the eyeball doctor showed me the itty, bitty, teeny tiny piece of shrapnel, I quit my bellyaching, and went to bathe my other bleeders.

One can only speculate as to the reticence of Mr. Kerry to release any and all of his military records; it would either quell the fires of speculation, or confirm our basic doubts. If he releases them, and he comes across as the fighter he pretends to be, then I'll be the first to apologize here. If not, continual fields of fire will be laid down.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links