The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Veterans Benefits

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2010, 09:01 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 
Smile

"... Republicans in Congress for offering no constructive alternatives to the health care legislation that would have addressed this issue? Or even offered any course of action in the 10 years they were in the majority?"

a. The Republicans in Congress certainly DID repeatedly ad nauseum offer hundreds and hundreds of proposed wordings in every single relevant committee and assembly of both houses starting over a year ago right up to this very moment in the Senate - I know they did because I watched them do it every day on C-SPAN - most of the time the Democrat response was and remains to declare GOP suggestions as being "not germaine."

b. Most likely the VFW position relates nicely to the findings of the CBO (which I "off-topicly" offered yesterday) wherein we see that there is absolutely NO guarantee of any kind that anything promised in the legislation, presumably including Tri-Care and VA assurances, can be expected to remain as is or stable.

c. I also imagine that what the VVA and Legion are attempting to do, at best, is to be optimistic - with the certain acknowledgment that anything which does in fact threaten VA benefits always reliably meets with a firestorm of protest from far and wide.

d. As far as what the GOP did and did not accomplish for vets during the Bush administration, you and I Gimpy have never and will never agree about that topic. I feel they and the President did the best they could, and did in fact enact some very helpful measures.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote