The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2008, 12:01 PM

Angry Net Servers

Just a simple question??

What do you think is the best internet connection to get on this here machine ( robot )?

I have been on A O Hell and Verison, but now in Ohio all they seem to have is this thing called Road Runner ( and it belongs into bottom of the Mi Cong Delta) (sp).

Like I say I believe in what carrier or supplier there is but this is going to far, Road Runner says on their commercials that they are the fastest , hell, I can type faster than they come on line ( without the TYPOS on my fault).

Plus the fact that they charge (somewherein the neighborhood of $30.00 to #40.00 a month service. TIME WARNER CABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Send this site to Iraq or Iran..................................

Just venting my feelings about this Time Warner Road Runner Site...

enough..............

reeb...
Old 03-30-2008, 12:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeb View Post
Just a simple question??

What do you think is the best internet connection to get on this here machine ( robot )?

I have been on A O Hell and Verison, but now in Ohio all they seem to have is this thing called Road Runner ( and it belongs into bottom of the Mi Cong Delta) (sp).

Like I say I believe in what carrier or supplier there is but this is going to far, Road Runner says on their commercials that they are the fastest , hell, I can type faster than they come on line ( without the TYPOS on my fault).

Plus the fact that they charge (somewherein the neighborhood of $30.00 to #40.00 a month service. TIME WARNER CABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Send this site to Iraq or Iran..................................

Just venting my feelings about this Time Warner Road Runner Site...

enough..............

reeb...
I have a Comcast cable modem. When it is good it is the best. When it is bad...well. We used to have Road Runner. It had some problems. For some reason PF is always on the slow side, no matter if everything else is fast. Just be patient.

Larry
Old 03-30-2008, 07:56 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

I've got comcast and its so much faster and reliable than dial-up, but it is pricey.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Charter

I have Charter's fastest. Great speed wise, and I agree....the slowest site is this one but not horrible by any means. Pricey! It costs me $75 a month and don't think it's worth that much. I may reduce the speed one or two notches cause to me...over 800 bucks a year is too much.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:54 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

reeb
ATT works great in the midwest. 40 bucks a month which is alot better than pointing a tin can at some satelite then running the string into your PC like they do in Beufort SC

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:09 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default We have Comcast.

$100 a month for phone service, cable TV, and internet. Happy with all three.

REEB: Everybody's right about the PatFiles being slower than most sites. Might take a look at the competition in your area if there is any. We also have AT&T, Dish Network, and Quest/Direct TV available in the area. Shop around. Many of them will cut you a pretty good deal to lure you away from a competitor.