The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2002, 07:23 PM

Default I am thankful for

The partner who hogs the covers each night, because they are not out with someone else.

The child, who is not cleaning his room, but is watching TV, because that means he is at home and not on the streets.

The taxes that I pay, because it means that I am employed.

The mess to clean after a party, because it means that I have been surrounded by friends.

The clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means I have enough to eat.

My shadow that watches me work, because it means I am in the sunshine.

A lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and gutters that need fixing, because it means I have a home.

The complaints I hear about the government, because it means that we have freedom of speech.

The parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means I am capable of walking and that I have been blessed with transportation.

My huge heating bill, because it means I am warm.

The lady behind me in church who sings off key, because it means that I can hear.

The pile of laundry and ironing because it means I have clothes to wear.

The weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day, because it means I have been capable of some exercise.

The alarm that sounds in the early morning hours, because it means that I am alive.

For too much e-mail, because it means I have friends who are thinking of me.

and finally

When you think your life is so bad remember someone, somewhere is hurting more than you.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2002, 07:29 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Great post Wazza :cl:
Old 10-04-2002, 11:16 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Wazza...

As David already said: "Great post".

Still, I believe your ending was the best part of the post, since such a reality encourages people to BITCH and/or be outraged at politicos for not correcting what most definitely needs correcting.

Besides, I have to believe that even: "Down Under" if enough people don't BITCH about things, The Lordly Ones and/or politicos will just keep doing as "They" and clique damn-well-please doing (a political norm), and most always do anyway. Here, such is called: "Voting ones conscience". It just never seems to matter what they promissed the constituancy while campaigning and/or lying on the application for the job being applied for.

Believe it's a universal thing, Mate.

Neil
Old 10-04-2002, 12:04 PM

[QUOTE
Still, I believe your ending was the best part of the post, since such a reality encourages people to BITCH and/or be outraged at politicos for not correcting what most definitely needs correcting.
QUOTE]

Neil,

Just wondering if you know of or belong to any non-partison activist groups in your area ?
Old 10-04-2002, 12:25 PM

Wazza,

I'm going to include your lines in my prayers tonight. We often forget just how good we've got it. (OK not all of us).

I always remind my kids when they think they've got it tough to think about being born in a 3rd world country where they don't really have much to say about anything.

Grateful you bet your sweet a__ I'm grateful for more things than I want to remember. Wazza you hit the nail the head and we all should reflect on those issues more often.

Fly The Flag

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 10-04-2002, 12:34 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Kenmar...

The answer is no. Though, with your qualifier of: "Non-partisan", I doubt very much if there is such an entity here in New Jersey.
Even Independants are just another Party or bent, and even grass roots Dems must toe the Party Line.

After all, The Democratic Machine has been calling-the-shots here in New Jersey for about 40-50 years.

Hey Ken,...maybe I should move to Montana?

Neil
Old 10-04-2002, 01:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Thanks.
The others have said it all.

Scamp
Old 10-04-2002, 01:11 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Hoyin

Every morning I wake up and thank my lucky stars that I was born a women in AMERICA.
Old 10-04-2002, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Kenmar...

------------------------------------------------

"Hey Ken,...maybe I should move to Montana?"
-------------------------------------------------

Neil,

Might as well... like someoneonce said "While it feels good to b*tch and moan here and elsewhere, we're basically urinating in the sand, making a small wet spot that soon disappears and goes unnoticed."

Ken

Old 10-05-2002, 07:50 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Sort-of differ...kenmar.

Since, I really take no pleasure whatsoever from bitchen.
The way things are pretty-much locked-up here nowadays in extremely political America,...I believe that bitchen is an absolute necessity. Still, it is unfortunate that so many well-meaning Americans prefer to say: "That's the way it is" and "What can you do about it"? And, to that, and given our being quite twistedly informed about important matters (the norm), how can one disagree?

Though, and if all The Networks changed and differently reported less politically-correct nonsense and twisted coverage, as: "The No Spin Factor" (re FNC or The Fox News Channel),...that's a different story. It would PLEASURE ME MUCH (no doubt America also),...if that wish came true. Don't believe FNC would particularly like my wish coming true? What do you think?

Hey Ken, and even though coming from an American NOBODY (ie. a non-notable, non-millionaire and/or one of those NOT TRULY privy to Free Speech), you have to admit that my wish for America is certainly better than continually pissin-into-the-wind to no avail, as most concerned Americans are forced doing. Fortunately, we don't usually have that many windy days.

Neil