The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2004, 06:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62
Thumbs down Someone could use a good slap!

Well, that's the way I feel, and it's needless to say after leaving my last compensation and benefits hearing.
To start with I don't live very far from Castle Point, NY or Montrose, NY VA Hospitals. So in all that is typical Federal stupidity they arrange my appointments in Manhattan! Must say it is a pretty straight shot from the George Washington Bridge. The parking there is another story, metered where you can find it. There are a lot of places to sneak into if you have a good eye. Of course it doesn't hurt that I have Veteran's plates on my car.
The hospital it's self is huge and simi impersonable. Of course all the Vets great each other with a nod or a grunt of one form or another. Feels good to be acknowledged and part of the crowd for a change. I do my fair share of saying hello and greeting other Vets from all branches and eras.
The first thing that got me was the two separate appointments the VA granted me. Almost a week apart! I tried while I was there to get everything done in one day, it was not to happen.
My check up from the neck up, didn't go so bad. The Dr. was only 15 mins late, some kind of record I'm sure. She seemed nice enough although hurried and had the attitude of having heard it all before. In and out in just over a half hour. Now she's going to evaluate me on a problem I've been dealing with for over twenty years? I didn't know I could cure my PTSD situation in less than a half hour, wow, I'm impressed.
The second appointment a few weeks later didn't go as well.
(I had to reschedule due to a family obligation.) This is for my hearing loss and Tinitus. The tester (a fairly good looking gal in her mid 20's if I had to guess) was impatient and didn't seem to care one little bit about my problem. She stuffed the ear phones on my head or in my ears. She also mispronounced my name even after I corrected her.
I have heard stories of the "tester" trying to push ones buttons to send them over the edge. They can then toss you out and you'd have to start all over. Well, much to my surprise I kept my cool and didn't tell her what she could do with her test equipment after implying that I wasn't doing what she had asked. Don't know what she'll write in her evaluation, but I'm sure I'll have to appeal her decision. Now this POS wants to tell me that working on flight deck wouldn't have an effect on my hearing after all these years! Yeah, I'd like to slap her silly until her ears ring all the time like mine!
Really starts to get to me how the people that work in this hospital don't care a damn about the Vets. If it wasn't for us these folks would have to find work else where.
Thanks for letting me rant and rave.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2004, 07:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Hawk

Rant away , just keep going. Keep movin , trooper !
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote