The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2006, 07:21 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy Revolt?

In what the media referred to as an ?Economic Revolt?, the public is beginning to wake up to the reality! ?We are being ripped-off at the pumps!? Public transportation is being flooded, the temper of the general public is reaching the boiling point, and the oil moguls (I could think of a better name for them) are gearing-up to report more record earnings to Wall Street!

Yesterday, the President briefly touched upon the gas-crisis, when he wasn?t promoting illegal immigration that is, and vowed an investigation? Of course, many in congress (both parties) are demanding the same. I doubt, however, that this ?Public Service Fervor? is a result of caring or conscience alone, but rather predicated upon the fact (and a fact it is), that many a change ?WILL? be forthcoming in the next elections! Should this occur, and I would bet upon it, those politicos who find themselves standing in the unemployment lines will have no one to blame but themselves.

Contrary to the belief of big oil and uncaring politics, this oil rape is not just an inconvenience - it is in many cases, a matter of life and death. And chuckle though they may (now), if the President and Congress stay the course and honor their word and mandate to the people, many (and I do mean many) an oil cretin may soon find himself listed among the richest bastards in prison?

?WHO WILL BE SOBBING THEN??

ERGO VERITAS

Old 04-25-2006, 07:48 AM

HC

I think Bush is a lame duck and his cabinet can't get out from under the rug they pulled their heads. The gas issue is only going to get worse. China will buy all they can get now. They are in a full industrial program and will not be stopped.

What we here in the states have to do is get out from under the oil requirements as soon as possible. Not that easy to do since we are so locked in right now.

We've got to get a lot smarter and real quick or for sure we will bottom out and this country will see a major crisis in all areas of the civil and industrial fields.

By the way how's the boy doing and your lawsuit on the bike company?

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:55 AM
Robert J Ryan

Geez BUsh made all his money from oil, you think he's going to anything to stop this gouging. Congressional members won't eiither, as soon as they do, the oil companies will tell okay you won't get any campaing contributions from us anymore.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:17 AM

What the heck did that CEO get at that oil company when he retired? Millions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What will we get? Geez maybe in my next life I'll be worth a tad more?

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:05 AM

I predict that our honorable gasbags, ooops, representatives, will hold highly publicized hearings and maybe even town hall meetings soliciting all the peeplz thoughts and concerns. Some minor penalties will be meted out to the oil barons. Nothing will really change. But the oil industry will have it's political cover. Remember, both sides know how the game is played & as long as no one important looks bad or is hurt, slight penalties will be acceptable. Sorry if I'm a cynic but I've seen it before.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:18 AM

These are all the reasons I pay little attention to the American news media.

You can be damned sure that the Bushies will do nothing to infringe upon the profits of their cronies (remember the "benevolent" PSA from Saudi Arabia on TV a few years ago?).

Don't worry about it. As we say in darts... it's just a number.

(Besides, I paid $3.49.9/ga CAYMAN six years ago)