The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2010, 08:52 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 
Cool Fiscal Commission Report details

We shall see what, if anything, in this lengthy report is ever adopted or rejected. However, for those with sufficient patience, here is a link to the details:
==========
Friday, November 12, 2010
AFA members, Congressional staff members, civic leaders, and DOCA members, the subject of deficit reduction is a tough one to write about. Our current deficit this past year was $1.4 trillion. To put that in perspective, the total amount of personal income tax that is collected each year amounts to approximately $1 trillion. Thus to close the gap, it will take extraordinary measures – ones that will hard politically and will incite our citizens.

As you know, President Obama formed a bi-partisan National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform. This commission is headed by Erskine Bowles and Alan Simpson. You can find its membership here: http://www.fiscalcommission.gov/members

On Wed, 10 Nov a draft briefing and paper were released by the two co-chairmen. The steps it recommends – including cutting the defense budget by $100B, as well as many domestic discretionary steps will be very controversial. Take some time to go through this briefing carefully. I believe it shows the depth of the challenges facing us as a nation. You can find this briefing here: http://www.fiscalcommission.gov/sites/fiscalcommission.gov/files/documents/CoChair_Draft.pdf

Additionally, a draft paper helps to point out more details than just the briefing. You can find the paper here: http://www.fiscalcommission.gov/sites/fiscalcommission.gov/files/documents/Illustrative_List_11.10.2010.pdf

I must point out that these documents are still in draft … and there will be much dialogue before any or all of these recommendations are accepted and turned into law.

For your consideration.

Mike

Michael M. Dunn
President/CEO
Air Force Association
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2011, 01:48 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry

TELL IT LIKE IT IS...DON'T YA JUST LOVE IT!

Senator Alan Simpson Calls Seniors 'Greediest Generation'..

This person is PISSED!!!! Wish I were the one that sent this to the beloved Senator!!!! There isn't a word that is false and I am believing that many Americans are beginning to think along these same lines......

From a man in Montana....who - like the rest of us - has just about had enough

Hey Alan,

Let's get a few things straight.

1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole for FIFTY YEARS.

2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).

3. My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero ambition losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would have made Bernie Madoff proud.

4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and your ilk pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age 67. NOW, you and your shill commission is proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN.

5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now you morons propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because you idiots mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal money from Medicare to pay the bills.

6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you incompetent bastards spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay of YOUR debt.

To add insult to injury, you label us "greedy" for calling "bullshit" on your incompetence. Well, Captain Bullshit, I have a few questions for YOU.

1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?

2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?

3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?

4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and health care benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or, as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?

It is you, Captain Bullshit, and your political co-conspirators who are "greedy". It is you and they who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers. And for what? Votes. That's right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.

And you can take that to the bank, you miserable son of a bitch.

Always say what you mean ! !
always mean what you say ! !
NEVER COMPROMISE ..........

Pass this along to our friends and supporters

Old 01-04-2011, 08:10 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Blue....,

"Fiscal Commission Report details" are much too lengthy (plus quite suspect) for me.

Plus such Officialdom Reports pretty-much preclude that all involved mean well for The American People. Well,...that's just not so. I know it, You know it, & so should all.

Whereas, what D-Joy posted in response is A MUST READ for every American Citizen Voter.
Criminally Illegal Alien Voters, Illegals & foreign nationals in general need not read same.

Regardless, thanks-a-lot for posting that MUST READ for U.S. Citizen Voters, Joy.

Would that most American Rulers were as good, honest & believable as that e-mail writer
OBVIOUSLY & QUITE DIFFERENTLY IS. World might then respect US (both ways) again?

Neil
Old 01-04-2011, 08:23 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Recon...

I hear that.

Congress is like a choir in which all members are singing a different song in unison - and the Director simply goes on with the baton, not noticing the chaos, expecting a standing ovation when it mercifully ends.