The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Mel Gibson

Mel is an actor, Nothing more and In my opinion a good actor, However an actor is all he is and thousands of people are arested for DWI every day and I hear nothing about them.
He opinion about Jews means nothing to me either. If he didn't like Lutherans I wouldn't care either. He is intittled to his opinion even if jews don't like his opinion. Although drunken people sometimes say things there regret or don't even remember saying.
1st time ofenders in california get a fine and loose there licens for 3 months. He should get no more. Drinking and driving is stupid.
He is going to pay for his crime and some people will make him pay long after he has paid. Here is a cut-n-paste about his story.

Ron

LOS ANGELES - Misdemeanor drunken driving, having an elevated blood-alcohol level and having an open container of liquor in his car. Those are the charges actor-director Mel Gibson is facing.
The three counts were filed by Los Angeles County prosecutors five days after Gibson was pulled over on Malibu's Pacific Coast Highway for speeding. After he was pulled over, Gibson unleashed anti-Semitic slurs at the arresting deputy.

The open container violation is for a bottle of tequila allegedly found in his car. That would be an infraction of the vehicle code.

The charges did not mention Gibson's self-described "belligerent behavior" toward the deputy or any allegation of speeding. Arraignment was set for September 28th in Malibu Superior Court.

The district attorney's office says if convicted, Gibson could face up to six months in jail.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2006, 04:05 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron, I agree....much to do about nothing. I remember a drunk driver who killed his mistress, then disappeared only to return with a stupid story and a neck brace. He's still a Senator from Mass. and there is more hoopla about Mel than this guy. For the media, it depends on what side of the fence you sit on.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 05:30 AM

He's goinna walk on this with a slap on the wrist and a small fine. Yet the little guy would loose his license and be on probation from some time plus a big fine.

But its first offense from what I heard. But its most likely the first time he's been caught of many nights boozing. Maybe he will learn something.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 08-03-2006, 05:50 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Boats. 1st time offenders in California get $1,000. Fine and lose there licens for 3 months.

Ron
Old 08-03-2006, 06:03 AM

It's just as bad here in Chicago - they are throwing the book at the first time offender's to make an example plus to indicate just how serious drunk driving is. Thank God I've gotten past that all night drinking stuff. 20's and 30's I should have been shot on site. Two or three maybe once or twice a month and that's it. Have a frig full of beer but don't drink it unless someome comes over and we sit in the garage and kick back.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 08-03-2006, 07:18 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Gibson is way on the wrong side of the Hollywood political chalk line to garner much MSM sympathy or support. Worse yet, has the wrong last name and lives in the wrong State to expect a nod and wink from the bench and a vote of confidence from the Congressional left hand side.
My guess is that Gibson will take his lumps in full measure or face the wrath of the MSM and the Hollywood hateist collective and maybe because he has the character to stand to the charges, that would be rare, but possible I suppose.

None of that Hollywood mob is wrapped to tight anyway and more than a few run a rap sheet for all kinds of mischief and live rather sordid lives.
I know Sean Penn spent six month in the county slam up this way and most of that was add-ons for getting mouthy and nasty with the Judge- not the best of ideas in a rural cow county, I figure. But Hollywood fogives most of that stuff, except maybe in Gibson's case and he will probably be declaired a Leper.

Scamp
Old 08-03-2006, 07:29 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Gibson is an actor, Judge him on his acting. He also has a DWI charge , Judge him on the DWI charge. Weather or not Hollywood Gives Mel a thumbs up or not means nothing if we , the public , continue going to see his acting, If you like Mel as an actor go see his stuff if you don't like his acting don't see his stuff, He has to pay for his DWI, no one else and its really no one elses business.

on
Old 08-03-2006, 09:44 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Yeah he sure won't have to worry about paying for the increase in his insurance premium.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 08-03-2006, 11:25 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Robert...

Good point.
With his buck$,...can probably buy his very own
insurance company, if wanted.

Still, you've just got to love the weirdness of it all
surrounding The Hollywood Crowd.

No Jews dare be demeaned or ever defame.

Whereas, and just as in Roman Times,...
Christians are always fair game.

Then too, Mel Gibson must be shunned and ostracized.

While sorry-ass likes of Michael Moore must be loved and idolized.

Neil
Old 08-03-2006, 03:13 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

As to Hollywood n? all associated crazy making, I?ll just revert to my favored theme poem for irrelevant happenings. ?Raise the roof and hear the clatter, I?m from the church of it just don?t matter.?

Being somewhat of a Victorian era Liberal that had the mindset, ?do whatever it is you need to, just do it inside so as to not scare the horses?, I would say to Hollywood, ?Stop scaring the frigging horses and don?t burn down the barn either.?

Scamp