Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2003, 02:12 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question I Dare You To Read This One?!

:ek: :ek:

"GUARENTEED REMEDIES TO OUR NATIONAL FISCAL PROBLEMS!!" LOL

I am a firm believer in the adage that "Any Functional Government Must Lead By Example!?

As such, I have come up with a few ideas that just might help to balance the budget and take us back to better $$ times! These are, of course, not the only solutions, and as such, I invite ?ALL? of you to jump right in with your suggestions!!
--------------------------------------------------
1 - The disparity between the compensations offered politicians and that offered the common man, are worlds apart. As such - ?A pay-cap upon (all level) political offices? should be set at (say) $50,000 a year, plus expenses within reason. A man can not truly represent all of the people unless he has been there, done that!! And after all is said and done, is not the mandate of any given politico one of selfless service first?!

Should these political bonvivants claim that some private sector thieves make far more than (say) the President, hey I agree, so let?s cut their (private sector - upper management) compensation packages too. After all, do not the needs of the many, far outweigh the needs of the few, just so long I might add, as the (so-called) ?needs of the many? are not illegal, immoral or attained at the expense of someone else?s survival, health or well-being!

2 - Government Spending:

A - Entertainment - Limit all White House and Congressional Entertainment to TV Movies, a can of suds or two, and fast food take out!

B - The Presidential Limo should be limited to Mass Transit, a small exec jet for overseas trips, and a hybrid fuel (American Made) compact car for personal use!

C - Food Plan For Politicos - Two meals a day to fall in line with many American Families, no imported delicacies, and all foods must be cooked, dished up and served by family members! Hey, I?m fair - we?ll pay these political family members minimum wage for their services!!

D - Foreign Aid - Limited to peanut butter or bologna sandwich distribution, monitored by the United Nations (a job for which they are at least semi qualified). Any cash assistance abroad is limited to a cap of $10,000, to be paid back with interest (33%) within one year. Failure to pay back, will result in the repossession of harems, liquor supplies, and bar soap!!

E - All politicos found guilty of a crime will be forced to do community service shoveling shit at some Midwestern Pig Farm. They will also forfeit all retirement benefits, save for toilet paper, which most politicians use by the case!! (You figure this one out?)

F - Retirement benefits should be limited to free fast food (again, two meals a day), a room at the economy motel of their choice, a lifetime bus pass (local only) and transportation (economy) on Amtrak to speaking engagements. This could be Amtrak?s way of repaying a small portion of all of that bailout money they got from the taxpayers? Also, if the military can not get concurrent receipt (two retirement checks), then neither should those in politics. For example, if a president is also collecting $$$$ for having been a governor, a senator, or a dog catcher (let?s say), he should only receive the retirement for the lessor of the three positions!

G - All money for speaking engagements, after public office, should be divided in this fashion - 10% plus expenses to the politico, 40% into a fund for the future wars that these bureaucrats start, and 50% toward the deficits that they helped to create!

H - All clothing purchased while in office should be off the rack, bought at thrift stores, and at their own expense.

I - All politicians worth over $5,000,000 should work for $1.00 a year and pay for their own medical and dental. Those poorer politicos (an oxymoron), will be gifted with a VA Outpatient Clinic Card and prescription discount certificates after leaving office! (That sounds fair to me!)

J - All of the money that is left over (campaign donations) after their term of office has expired, should like gifts received while in office, become the property of the United States government (that?s you and me brothers and sisters), and not a going away present!

K - When a president leaves office by virtue of being defeated in a bid for re-election, he should be served with an eviction notice from the White House, to be published in every major news paper in the nation! And the only parting gifts that these politicos should receive is a one-way bus ticket, and a ?Gee We?ll Miss You (MAYBE) Card? signed by ?We The People!?

Politicians are, in reality, Public Servants! And public service entails sacrifice, does it not! When is the last time that you saw a politician living in a rented trailer, eating beans or placing his (or her) life on the line for peanuts, as does our armed services daily?

Granted, many did serve with honor at one time or another, but how soon a few of them have forgotten!!

?Of course none of this will ever come to pass, but what the hell, it?s a thought!? LOL LOL

VERITAS e HONORE :ek: