The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2003, 01:43 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Rush

You know I have always thought he was a blow hard, but thats why his fans like him. I now can not stand this man, he sat there in his comfy chair preaching about morality when in fact he is a drug addict. Double standard I do beleive.
I just heard that he is taking a leave of absense to attend rehab.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2003, 02:32 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

There are a lot of people hooked on pain killers in this country. Oxycontin is a big problem. We don't know what personal demons he is fighting. We should remember the parable of the first stone and cut him some slack. I was a big fan once upon a time but grew weary of his ego. If this helps one person get help for thier addiction, then something good has come out of it.

Larry
Old 10-10-2003, 03:35 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I know all about drug addiction and alcoholics, big family problem. I have heard him say things about other drug addicts and think he is a hyprocit. He should know how hard it is to get off stuff, he shouldn't say anything about other people.
Old 10-10-2003, 07:56 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs down NEVER

really cared for this guy much, either. There's something about him, and other celebrities, that bothers me on this subject. As a self-confessed drug addict [and it doesn't matter what the drug is or how they became addicted to it], they eventually have to break the law to feed their habit. That entails anything from getting prescriptions with the help of a physician who is also breaking the law; writing bogus prescriptions themselves; or buying them on the street from a pusher, like any other drug addict. But because they are celebrities and the drugs are prescription-type, usually an opiate derivative by the way, they somehow stir a sense of pity and acceptance from some people. Then, if they check themselves into a private rehab program for 30 days because they can afford it, they are somehow exonerated of any wrong-doing.

Unlike the poor slob who's drug of choice, because this is what he can afford, is crack, marijuana, meth, heroin, etc.. Instead of being put into a posh rehab center for the rich elite for 30 days, this person is more likely to get 30 MONTHS in a prison. Instead of returning to their career and an elaborate life-style, accepted by their peers and society in general, these people are going to be lucky to ever be given a decent job again as a convicted felon, and looked upon as a second class citizen for the rest of their lives. One of those people that Limbaugh looks down upon and condemns, when in fact, he's no better than them. He just happens to have money and celebrity status. Funny how we give these people more lee-way instead of holding them to a higher standard. Especially since they would have us believe that they are, in fact, better than the rest of us.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:04 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Melody -
Well, even Rush is right at least twice a day like a broken clock.

Thing is, we all know how intoxicants affect perception and thinking, so I wonder quite a lot just HOW much OxyContin (a drug equated by some with heroin) influenced his daily opinions on the air. My guess is quite a bit.

The best deal would be if he would come out of detox and begin championing an end to the War on Drugs and increased spending on rehab.

I doubt he will though. He'll probably, if past is prologue, find a way to finesse his experience into the former official line he has always taken. I can already hear his supporters talking that way.
Old 10-11-2003, 04:55 AM

If he gets clean thats good but if he thinks that a 30 day Dtoc will do it he's wrong I do hope he can clean up, I have never liked a junkey never will. My big question is where are all the folks who have quoted him as if he was an all knowing god.not one word from the right all this quit dose hart the ear's.
. razz
Old 10-11-2003, 06:24 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Razz -
You hit one of the MAJOR points right on the top of its head! All the folks who quoted him, over the past decade, about being tough as leather on drugs and drug users... I heard Matt Drudge waxing apologetic yesterday in the afternoon, by phone interview on TV with Press and Buchanan... both of whom were asking pretty much the same question you just asked. Drudge, supposedly a "good friend" of Rush, basically took the "everybody does it" route, which ain't true and is no excuse.
Old 10-11-2003, 12:10 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I agree with Frisco!

The guys no better (actually WORSE) than the folks he's been condemning and shouting to the high heavens about.

He IS the worst type of hypocrite and low-life asshole on the airways!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:09 AM

Default Thanks Gimp!!!

You hit the nail right on the head and I couldn't have said it better.

Oddz
Old 10-13-2003, 10:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Show biz, that?s all. Hypocrisy and deception are the principle coins of the realm and I don?t see that Rush is any better or worse than the rest of the mob. Maybe he?s just more visible and perhaps guilty of talking too much about some of the wrong stuff, I couldn?t tell ya, as I?ve never tuned in. But the best news of all is that on-off buttons were invented for the specific purpose of adding or eliminating wanted or unwanted noise sources at will. I?m not in his fan club but I wish him good luck on the rehab deal as I would for anyone who tries to get the monkey gone.

Scamp