Whoever, when the United States is at war, willfully causes or

attempts to cause insubordination, disloyalty, mutiny, or refusal

of duty, in the military or naval forces of the United States, or

willfully obstructs the recruiting or enlistment service of the

United States, to the injury of the service or the United States,

or attempts to do so -

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than

twenty years, or both.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2003, 05:15 PM

Yep,
Another traitor.
Hang 'em by the balls and beat him like a pinata!!
Old 03-30-2003, 06:06 PM

What did I miss? Clue me in.

Old 03-30-2003, 07:55 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Question Nang

I heard something on Fox about some of his treasoness ways but I only caught part of it.

What did he do?

I know in the first gulf war he did some terrible reporting. But he did it again.

Isn't he British?

Keith :cd:

I just went to CNN and read his interview. What a jerk!!!!!

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/me...rj.irq.arnett/
Old 03-30-2003, 08:01 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

I just saw him on fox news. They showed a clip from Iraqi tv with Peter sitting there praising the Iraqi regime for their courtesy to media reporters and for the good treatment he has received over the past 12 years.

chilidog
Old 03-30-2003, 08:04 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

The sorry SOB should be deported to Siberia never again to enter the US.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 03-30-2003, 08:18 PM

You guys are too harsh. Let Peter sit next to Saddam and have an interview. An interview about the after effects of a MOAB that just landed in their laps.
Old 03-30-2003, 08:35 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Chili & Nang

Keep Watching Fox you will see a lot more than that. I am looking for the full text.

Arrow>>>>>>

The first war plan has failed because of Iraqi resistance. Now they are trying to write another war plan," Arnett said. "Clearly, the American war planners misjudged the determination of the Iraqi forces."

Arnett -- who is reporting for National Geographic Television and NBC News -- also said Iraq has given him and other reporters a "degree of freedom which we appreciate," this despite the fact that Iraq has expelled several journalists, including CNN's Baghdad team, and apparently has imprisoned two journalists from the New York newspaper Newsday.

Arnett is a member of the Board of Directors of the Committee to Protect Journalists, which is trying to locate the missing journalists.

"I'd like to say from the beginning that the 12 years I've been coming here," Arnett said, "I've met unfailing courtesy and cooperation, courtesy from your people and cooperation from the Ministry of Information."

Arnett told the Iraqi TV interviewer, who was dressed in an Iraqi Army uniform, that President Bush is facing a "growing challenge" about the "conduct of the war" within the United States.

"President Bush says he is concerned about the Iraqi people, but if Iraqi people are dying in numbers, then American policy will be challenged very strongly," he said. In the interview, Arnett said reports from Baghdad on civilians being killed are being shown in the United States, and "it helps those who oppose the war when you challenge the policy to develop their arguments."

He pointed out U.S. claims that civilians killed in an explosion at a downtown Baghdad market were the victims of Iraqi missiles, and that Iraq had said the missiles were definitely incoming coalition fire.

Arnett's Iraqi interviewer

NBC News issued a statement supporting Arnett, saying that Arnett gave the interview to Iraqi TV as a "professional courtesy" and that his remarks "were analytical in nature and were not intended to be anything more."

Arnett also said "clearly this is a city that is disciplined, the population is responsive to the government's requirements of discipline," and "Iraqi friends tell me there is a growing sense of nationalism and resistance to what the United States and Britain is doing."

The longtime war correspondent, who reported on the Persian Gulf War for CNN in 1991, said U.S. war planners miscalculated the will of Iraqis and he does "not understand how that happened."

He said his reports "would tell the Americans about the determination of the Iraqi forces, the determination of the government and the willingness to fight for their country."

Get a rope....

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 03-30-2003, 09:02 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default Contrast the above

With this mail sent to Trav:

Brenda,

We got a letter from Josh today, if you could call it that, written 3/9. They are hearing about the anti-war protests and he was upset. That' s all the letter talked about. He enclosed a poem he and his buddies wrote. He wants us to get it out, let people see how they feel. Any ideas?

"Wish You Were Here"

For all the free people that still protest. You're welcome.

We protect you and you are protected by the best.

Your voice is strong and loud,
but who will fight for you?
No one standing in your crowd.

We are your fathers, brothers, and sons, wearing the boots and carrying guns. We are the ones that leave all we own, to make sure your future is carved in stone.

We are the ones who fight and die,
We might not be able to save the world, Well, at least we try.

We walked the paths to where we are at and we want no choice other than that. so when you rally your group to complain, take a look in the back of your brain.

In order for that flag you love to fly
wars must be fought and young men must die.

We came here to fight for the ones we hold dear. If that's not respected, we would rather stay here.

So please stop yelling, put down your signs, and pray for those behind enemy lines.

When the conflict is over and all is well, be thankful that we chose to go through hell.

Corporal Joshua Miles and all the boys from 3rd Batallion 2nd Marines, Kuwait

Old 03-30-2003, 09:17 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default you know when Geraldo Rivera calls you..

a traitor you have really screwed up...which is what he said about Arnett...

He was from New Zealand and is now an American citizen..

I believe he married a Viet Cong girl..

After the lying report he authored about SF and nerve gas in Cambodia he should have been kicked out of journalism forever. I cannot believe National Geographic would hire this weasel...He did everything but get down and kiss the Iraqis ASS !!!

Larry