View Single Post
Old 02-27-2004, 03:12 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Larry

When I retired had 9 full uniforms. Went through my file cabinets and had more than 8 feet of reports, confidential information, whatever. That?s eight feet of legal pads, typewriter or computer paper stacked up. After my final day at work, in ritualistic fashion, I burned the uniform I had worn. When healthy enough to start a fire in the back yard, if it was a bad day, I?d burn another piece of uniform. The files are still starting winter fires in the wood stove. Actually, the last day at work a police baseball cap through the paper shredder. What you are doing is normal, very normal.

After 30+ years there are both good and bad memories. But this is not a dress rehearsal for your life. Too many people aren?t smelling the roses. A job is some means by which you get enough money to enjoy yourself. If someone pays you to do something you like, great. But when the fun drains out of it, bail out! Once heard a guy say, ?Happiness can?t buy you money.? It?s amazing how many people actually live that way. Good luck!

New Orleans, one of my favorite cities but don?t like it in the summer.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote