View Single Post
Old 09-23-2003, 04:24 AM

Hey Nam68,

First of all I want to Welcome you aboard the best military site there is.

You sure put me back in time.

I was in CRB the same time you were. I was there before and after your tour. In the Navy though.

Heck man I bet I could have come out of the hangar and thrown a rock across the two 10,000 ft runways there and you would have caught it.

I remember going to the AF Base a couple of time a week to the "Massage Parlor" you all had. Steam Bath, and a good rub down with them little women walking on the back. Felt good.

When I first arrived on land I was sent about 5 miles North of there to the Temp Navy Base. We only had a couple of barracks, but we did have a saloon. The about 6 months later we moved down hill to the New Naval Air Facility, with good showers, flushing comodes, a fine mess hall, and the whole works. Fine and dandy living for being in Nam.

But the Navy was always trying to outdo the AF, so we had an outdoor Movie Theatre made and an EM Club, with the front being the NCO Club, even a darn swimming pool was made there.

What got me most is with the "Locals" help building the base. It would take 32 swings of the hammer to drive a 16p nail in, and all the time, those little beady eyes are looking all around, and Bam, it was blown up that same night. TALK ABOUT JOB SECURITY!!!

Every once in awhile now days I will click onto Vietnam, and then CRB. Man that place has changed more than I could ever imagine.

Well, I have said enough for now.. The enough is my sign off here.

enough.......